Weird colors after printing in Photoshop

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• itsallgoode9
    Dealing with the Print of Out of Gamut Color??s
    by itsallgoode9
    How do you best approach this?

I've recently run into an issue where this has become a major headache. I'md doing some prints for clients to approve of some Smirnoff bottle labels that I've rendered in 3d. Because of the subject nature, color accuracy is SUPER important when teh client...
    10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
  • garymwilcox
    My colors are weak in Photoshop.
    by garymwilcox
    How can I make my colors strong, not weak, while using Photoshop.
    04-25-2014, 06:27 PM
  • itsallgoode9
    Matching Print House Colors
    by itsallgoode9
    I'm doing a project that will eventually be sent out to a print house...what do I need to do as far as color management and profiling to match their printers?

Do I just need to contact them and see if they have any printer profiles, which I will use that as my proof colors for viewing...
    10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
  • Garry
    White-out in photoprinting
    by Garry
    Edit2: Well, after reading the sticky post I am going to re-phrase my question. Is there a way that I can check if the image is out-of-gamut for RGB photoprinters? The out-of-gamut CMYK system works fine in PS, but how can I assure that all the colors in the imagefile is legible for a photoprinter?...
    01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
  • jim1971
    question on printing
    by jim1971
    i seem to have this problem often... after i restore a picture it always looks great on my monitor, colors are bright, detail is great ect.. then when i print it out it seems to lose the brightness, & dull in some areas, or the colors look diffrent, (a shirt may look purple in photoshop,then when...
    05-02-2005, 05:52 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing: Weird colors after printing in Photoshop

I tried to print an image in Photoshop and the colors are really weird. I tried two options "Photoshop manages colors" and "Printer manages colors". No difference. Then I tried to print the image in XnView and the colors looks exactly same as on my monitor. So where is the problem in Photoshop? How can XnView print it ok and Photoshop cant?

You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014...leFlat.tif.zip

Ideally you want to print using the correct ICC paper profile and using Application (Photoshop) manages color.

Comment

Thank you.
      So the main problem was in the paper profile. I was printing the image on a normal paper, but in the setting was "glossy paper". I didnt noticed it.
      BTW, I have Epson printer. Should I use Epson printer profile or some other profile?
      Last edited by santoro80; 05-14-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by santoro80 View Post
        Thank you.
        So the main problem was in the paper profile. I was printing the image on a normal paper, but in the setting was "glossy paper". I didnt noticed it.
        BTW, I have Epson printer. Should I use Epson printer profile or some other profile?
        If you have Epson papers, you can use the Epson supplied profiles for those papers and your printer. If not, you can't us them.

Comment

The problem is I cant find paper profiles for my multi-function printer. Is it possible there are no profiles for Epson L382?

Comment

Yes, that's very possible. Epson installs profiles for papers it makes for many of it's printers but not all. But unlikely for that multipurpose printer. Here's what appears to be available:
            https://www.epson.eu/viewcon/corpora...faq/1185/20140

Comment

Working...
            X