Printing 16 bit image with PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing 16 bit image with PS

I am trying to print a large 16 bit color picture (360 M) with Photoshop - but it prints only the top half. I reduced it to 48M, in JPEG, but the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong?

This may be a dumb question but, are you doing a "print with preview?
    You also didn't mention the dimensions.

Comment

Printers can't accept 16bit images, so it's translating on the fly and choking. Try making an 8bit printing version. You'll usually want a specialized flattened printing version of an image, anyway, for sharpening, etc.

And stay away from JPG.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• maddiexxx
        Image printing larger than specified size - HELP!
        by maddiexxx
        Madeline Thibaud Community Member
        Madeline Thibaud Jun 16, 2015 1:11 AM

Using Photoshop CC 2014

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Canon Printer MX870 ( el cheapo)

I am printing on A4 Photo paper and need to print a custom size.

06-18-2015, 11:05 PM
      • rad
        multipass printing
        by rad
        Hi ,

I am new to RP.I want to know how can we do multipass printing with a home inkjet printer?i am working on a duotone image with channels seperated.
        01-10-2005, 11:20 AM
      • Dmax
        Large format Printing
        by Dmax
        I see lot much here everything about retouching but whatever you do in your computer when it comes out on paper then it give you impact and when we talk about large format printing then definately how much you are capable comes out. Purpose of my thread is that we should also talk about printing and...
        01-14-2011, 06:04 AM
      • tonysab
        Printing large files
        by tonysab
        This will probably seem like a really dumb question, but I'd appreciate any advice. I take digital pics on a 4mp camera at full resolution (2200 x 1700 pix approx). When I come to print on my Epson 830 I always print the whole image and specify "fit to page", on the assumption that printing...
        04-24-2003, 10:11 AM
      • skydog
        What is giclee printing?
        by skydog
        Is giclee just another name for printing on canvas or is it a special paper or procedure? If it is different then I need to go to an authorized giclee dealer/process?

Most print rooms that I use print on gloss, matte, metallic and luster finish. Are there other labs that use other specialize...
        02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
      Working...
      X