White-out in photoprinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-out in photoprinting

Edit2: Well, after reading the sticky post I am going to re-phrase my question. Is there a way that I can check if the image is out-of-gamut for RGB photoprinters? The out-of-gamut CMYK system works fine in PS, but how can I assure that all the colors in the imagefile is legible for a photoprinter?

---
    Hi, I recently printed out some images at my local photostore. The colors in the print was very close to the monitor (monitor corrected with AdobeGamma), the pure primary colors was a bit dark, but acceptable. However colors lighter than about 210 in RGB levels turns out white in the print, but the rest of the image is not lighter the the file. The file has plenty of color-information in the printed white-out area. The image is edited with Photoshop 7.0 and saved in jpg with maximum quality. The printer at the photostore is new and recently calibrated (they sad)

Anybody have some ideas?

Edit: well, ok... always "read the stickypost before you post"

thanks from Garry
    Last edited by Garry; 01-14-2005, 09:19 PM.

Personally I would question how well they have calibrated the printer. You shouldn't be getting whiteout at 210.

Comment

I'd use another store. At 210 as Leah says, you should'nt be having any problems.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• itsallgoode9
        Dealing with the Print of Out of Gamut Color??s
        by itsallgoode9
        How do you best approach this?

I've recently run into an issue where this has become a major headache. I'md doing some prints for clients to approve of some Smirnoff bottle labels that I've rendered in 3d. Because of the subject nature, color accuracy is SUPER important when teh client...
        10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
      • 5nap5hot
        Newb: out of gamut colors and color shift
        by 5nap5hot
        I recently did a shoot that had quite saturated colors in it. I am preparing the final files for srgb jpg print files.

Because of the color saturation in several of the images, I checked the gamut warning and have seen that there are some problem spots.

I am pretty new to using...
        01-14-2011, 11:19 PM
      • dtrayers
        CMYK vs. RGB (long winded)
        by dtrayers
        First, I want to thank Richard for a great book and tools. I'm a relative newbie to digital photography but I'm learning a lot.

Over the weekend, I was calibrating my printer (Canon S820) to match the output on my monitor. I've calibrated the monitor (actually, an LCD panel) with Adobe...
        04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
      • alisam
        Color Management (yet again)
        by alisam
        Tools:
        Photoshop Elements 2 - v2.0.2
        The Hidden Power of Elements 2 book and tools installed
        Free tools by Richard Lynch installed
        Dell 17” LCD Monitor
        Canon CP-200 4” x 6” Dye Sub Printer
        Canon S500/IXUS Camera
        ColorVision ColorPlus Monitor Calibration...
        12-14-2004, 05:48 PM
      • petercook80
        Calibration !
        by petercook80
        HI, I am unsure on what to expect with system calibration and printer profiling. I have a Epson Photo R200 printer and use Epson Inks and Paper, Photoshop Elements 2 and an LCD monitor which is calibrated with ColourWizzard software, I also have a piece of software called Nova DigiColour which helps...
        07-25-2006, 04:04 AM
      Working...
      X