quark prints and photoshop prints do not match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quark prints and photoshop prints do not match

I'm having trouble with my work flow from QuarkXpress. I'm dealing with profiles, photoshop and quark and my prints from QuarkXpress are not matching my photoshop retouched photographs. I'm printing to an Epson 4000 pro with a ColorBurst rip. Some images are older with different profiles than the newer images. The images were retouched with the profile tag on. Any advice whether to use profiles or not. What settings should I turn on or leave off in QuarkXpress and the Colorburst rip.

All I'm trying to do is output from Quark to match my output from photoshop. In Quark I only have gray solid bars and yellow strips. Niether are consistant. I tried to export a pdf from quark without any luck

thanks appreciate any help with this very frustrating ordeal.
    Last edited by defaump; 05-31-2005, 05:10 PM.

While I can't offer direct help with untangling the spaghetti that is Quark's misguided concept of color management.
    I've spent the better part of the past 17 years with this software and I have NEVER gotten it's color management to do right when printing directly out of that program.

I just turn off Quark color management, save the pages as EPS and open them in Illustrator or InDesign and print from there. Is that something you could do or do you have to stay with Quark?

Comment

Thanks Richard

I'll try your idea next. I have tried turning off color management and exporting pdf's then opening the pdf in photoshop to save out a tif file with better results but with little luck when matching graphic lines. A simple gray bar (20% gray) looked different from file to file after printing.

thanks again, hope this works

louie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• kcole321
        Color Management Question
        by kcole321
        Hope you can help me understand what I am doing wrong. Color management is a murky subject for me, at best!! I've been able to get the colors on my monitors (both a CRT and a laptop) to pretty closely match what I print on my HP inkjet printer. However, when I take my pictures to be printed (at the...
        04-11-2006, 08:43 AM
      • 1STLITE
        Printing better color
        by 1STLITE
        Ok. I dunno if this has been covered before here, but I was wondering - how can I make my printer print the way it looks on my screen? Or make my screen look like it will coming from the printer? I have been so aggravated here lately. Its not usually that mig of a difference, but I am trying to...
        05-15-2004, 01:04 PM
      • iceblue1980
        Color mis-matched prints, help needed!
        by iceblue1980
        Hello guys!

I have a problem. I use a HP CP2025 printer (laser, color) to print my retouched photos. The problem is that basically all my prints are too dark and too red compared to the image shown on the computer screen. I tried to view my images on different displays, checked the colors...
        12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
      • One4UAll
        Does Photoshop save print settings?
        by One4UAll
        When you print a file, does PS save the printer settings along with everything else for that file? Is it necessary to check Page Setup, Print with Preview, and Print (Print Settings, Color Management) every time you want to make another print of a file, even if all you want to do is repeat what was...
        11-26-2007, 11:23 PM
      • kindred1
        Printing tips for Ink jet prints?help please.
        by kindred1
        Ive recently retouched alot of photo's for my mother in law and was wondering what format to save them as so she can print them on her injet printer on photo quality paper? Or maybe she might take them somewhere to have them printed one day...Should i save them as tiff or bmp or what?thanks for any...
        05-29-2002, 02:55 PM
      Working...
      X