Need advice on the printing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on the printing issue

I'd like to print a couple of photos that I just took with my digital camera.
    To obtain their sharpness as I see on my computer, how should I set it up in photoshop to print ? Should I resize them to a certain size first before I send to the printer or should I just print them at these current sizes and scale them in the Print window of photoshop ?

Whichever way, what should be the settings ??

Please advice,
    Thanks much.

Hi Kim,

The only thing you really have to check before sending to printer is the resolution, this ideally should be 300 pix/inch, though you can get away with settings as low as 200 pix/inch.

To see what size picture this will give you, set height and width to read in cm or inches (whichever you're most comfortable with).

eg if you've got a pic taken on a 3M camera, you'll usually get a picture of approx 2000x1500 pix in size. With a resolution of 300 pix/inch, this will give you a printed picture approx 6.7"x5". At 200 pix/inch, that would be 10"x7.5".

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank Gary, it does help

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Wayne27
        Printing Digital Photos
        by Wayne27
        Hi, I have read a lot of threads here and find that Im still confused, perhaps someone can clear this up for me.
        I have a Digital Camera and take 8 Megapixel photos and print these on an Epson R800 Inkjet. While I get what I think are good prints, after reading the info here I feel that I may...
        11-20-2006, 03:28 AM
      • tonysab
        Printing large files
        by tonysab
        This will probably seem like a really dumb question, but I'd appreciate any advice. I take digital pics on a 4mp camera at full resolution (2200 x 1700 pix approx). When I come to print on my Epson 830 I always print the whole image and specify "fit to page", on the assumption that printing...
        04-24-2003, 09:11 AM
      • Old Phogey
        Resolution
        by Old Phogey
        New to digital photography, and new to this forum. My main interest is in B&W (ex-old hand at film), with some interest in colour. My immediate query is concerning inkjet printers, resolution, and final print size. My recently aquired camera has a max. picture size of 2592 x 1944 pixels. Using the...
        11-02-2003, 03:43 PM
      • David M
        DPI? Fuji s5600 settings
        by David M
        Hi all I`m using potoshop cs2,and taking my photos on a fuji s5600 5.1 million pixel camera in normal mode.
        When I start to work on the photo`s I reduce there size to 6x4inches and set the resolution to 432dpi,when I print them out they are sharp and clear.
        What I want to know is what...
        09-04-2006, 04:58 PM
      • karwag
        SIZING AND RESOLUTION for printing
        by karwag
        New to elements 3 and have a question. My photographs come off my camera as 11.375" X 17.067" Res. 180. If I want to get 4X6" prints do I resize them to 4X6" before I send files out for printing (photographic paper). What about the resolution? What do you recommend as the max resolution...
        01-02-2006, 08:19 PM
      Working...
      X