Creative interpretations: Bolton Priory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Bolton Priory

Had a day off today, so visited a local spot, Bolton Priory, (known as Bolton Abbey by everyone local).

Thought this picture of the 12th Century priory would be a good image for some of you Art guys to work on.

Not my strength really, would like to see what someone with imagination can do, (and I know you guys have got lots of imagination.)
    Attached Files

ah gary,

you tempt me strangely. the real challenge here would be to restore this building to its pristine condition. not sure i'm up for that one but it does tempt me

you know, you could very well be starting a whole new class of restoration here

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig, interesting thought,my own thoughts run to either a line drawing, or replacing the sky with something stormy, then making it greyscale, sort of a Gothic look.

But for this week I'm gonna be out and about, so I won't have time to put my ideas into practice just yet.

I've been to Bolton Abbey lots of times since I was a kid, and strangely enough this is the first time I've had a camera with me. Only a 3M point and snap, so resolution's not great, but a really beautiful day, (about 90 degrees hot), and the shot came out better than my severely limited camera skills usually allow.

Comment

First thing that I had in mind was.. undeads and skeletons to match the tombstones.. but then.......*chuckles

lots of cloning, healbrushing, burlaping, smoothing sharpening.. I really cant recall the steps.
        Attached Files

Comment

naburi,

that looked like fun. very cool

Craig

Comment

Hi Naburi,

Nice one. Love the sense of atmosphere, and choice of colours.

Comment

hi

Had to have a go at this one, Although i am rather miffed that you are out and about this week " up there "
              I have a brother who lives in Bradford and a friend who lives in Heckmondwike
              and think that part of the country is beautiful ( my personal favourite is up the cow and calf at Ilkley)

Palms
              Attached Files

Comment

You done it Gary

Hey Gary after posting earlier went surfing to find photo's etc of west yorkshire and found this site, have you ? thought you might like to send your photo there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/west_y...tures_44.shtml

Palms p.s. not as good as being there though

Comment

Hi Palms,

Really love your rendition, has a really tranquil, soft feel.

Unfortunately, Bolton Abbey is in North Yorkshire (North Riding to those of us who don't recognise the sub-division of Yorkshire) so would be ineligible for that site. But thanks for the link.

I'll be able to browse it tomorrow, as my holidays have been disturbed by having to wait in for some furniture to be delivered (14 weeks waiting for it, and they have to deliver when I'm on holiday and the weather is great. God is a sadist with a sick sense of humour).

Got quite a good shot of the Strid at Bolton Abbey as well.

Had a totter round York today, wouldn't you know it, I forgot my camera. Some great buildings there to snap as well. Only 20 miles away, and I only ever seem to go there when I'm working
                  Attached Files

Comment

dunno why i did it, but i did... (blush)

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Just Checking,

You see, it would never have occurred to me to change the colouring so much, (trouble with having a linear mind), but the effect, combined with the change in lighting, is dramatic.

Thanks.

Comment

Glad you did what you did,
                        justchecking
                        lovely effect

palms

Comment

Ruins manip1

Here is a litho-type rendering.

Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment