Creative interpretations: Mexico - suntan time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Mexico - suntan time

It's still pretty chilly where I live near Seattle. This picture, courtesy of Google images, gave me hope for warmer days aheead.

Enjoy.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

Makes me think of all the poor locals at beaches suffering through the spring breakers....

Anyway, here's mine. Simplified using Amphisoft Sorting Shaman (minimax), Underpainting, and Amphisoft Simplifier.

-Jeff
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jch71566
      Makes me think of all the poor locals at beaches suffering through the spring breakers....

Anyway, here's mine. Simplified using Amphisoft Sorting Shaman (minimax), Underpainting, and Amphisoft Simplifier.

-Jeff
      Glad to see you back with us of late, Jeff.

Have you developed any more custom Impressionist styles you'd want to upload here? JCH van gogh & painter have been hits for a long time.

~Danny~

Comment

Personally, I don't like crowds, so here's a little hide-away bar on the bay.
        Attached Files

Comment

Much prefer your view Swampy. Like you I hate crowds, the first picture is my idea of purgatory (hot and crowded, Urgh).

Comment

I used several SA MSG layers.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes i would like to be on a warm beach somewhere ( prefably quiet)
              Yes I would like the body (and youth) to wear a bikini
              Yes I would like the skin that tanned ( and not have to use factor 3,000
              because the sun has popped out from behind a cloud )
              Yes I would like a young hunk to be sat with me ( old ones are ten a penny)
              and most definately i would like the money to afford all
              BUT then i wouldnt be me sat here on my computer
              Admiring all your gret works of art ! ! ! ! !

Palms
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice, Palms... You've manage to reduce the "clutter" factor. :-)

Comment

Ok I just downloaded the xero filters I found mentioned in a post regarding cartoon making (I think)!

So basically, I've gone mad. There is almost every available filter or plug in they have on this - I wanted to keep the people, but make them less obtrusive.

Its a really lazy effort, but I was seriously lacking inspiration. So I decided to see where I ended up, and this is it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Like the style

Good one Palms - I really like that style.

I stood back several feet from the screen and it was very effective at that distance too.

Hope you'll share the technique

Regards

Bob Mc

Comment

Love to cheat.

Vector simplication with some contrast enhancements and Impressionist to boot. Attached is a lower quality crop of the rendering. The complete higher quality rendering can be found here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is my go at it...

I am in Minnesota so the weather here is a cool 27 degrees above zero and freezing.
                        Last edited by RL Design; 09-09-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you Swampy and Bob Mc, Good point/tip you made Bob, to stand away from your screen and look.
                          My work flow is as follows ( quite easy i think for the outcome)

open and duplicate
                          filter >artistic> cut out settings 4, 4, 2 set blendmode to luminosity
                          duplicate layer
                          Filter > artistic> dry brush settings 2 8 1 set blendmode to screen
                          Flatten image
                          Filter> brush strokes > crosshatch settings 11, 6 ,1
                          then adjust colour settings to taste.

Hope this helps , the last filter (not 100% sure of settings) can be swapped for any other just experiment ,

Palms

Comment

Reduced the colours to 24 and then created a charcoal and chalk filtered overlay, overlaid in luminosity mode
                            Attached Files

Comment