Fall colors, Parry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall colors, Parry

Not trying to compete with Alan (can not compete with those magnificent mountain views anyways) I post a few pictures form my "fall color" series taken in Parry Sound region. Parry sound is a region approx 250 km north of Toronto. This region is essentially a forest, lakes, rivers and a few small towns in between. Beavers modify the landscape by making a damn on every stream they can find flooding the forest and creating artificial lakes with dead trees standing in the water. Pardon my French.

Pavel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pavel123; 10-07-2006, 01:30 PM.

Re: Fall colors, Parry

Very nice shots...here is my "artsy" piece

Originally posted by pavel123
    Not trying to compete with Alan (can not compete with those magnificent mountain views anyways) I post a few pictures form my "fall color" series taken in Parry Sound region. Parry sound is a region approx 250 km north of Toronto. This region is essentially a forest, lakes, rivers and a few small towns in between. Beavers modify the landscape by making a damn on very stream they can find flooding the forest and creating artificial lakes with dead trees standing in the water. Pardon my French.

Pavel
    Attached Files

Comment

Lovely Autumn Photos Pavel....Thanks for sharing them...

Frank....Your artsy piece is very nice...great colors and detail and a perfectly matched frame!

Here is my attempt...
      Photoshop CS2 cut out filter and framed with an action...

Patricia...
      Attached Files

Comment

Tried to make a watercolor (Painter, outlines and texture in Photoshop).
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a water color to me Pavel...like it and the misty edges...

Patricia...

Comment

Originally posted by patriciakay
            Looks like a water color to me Pavel...like it and the misty edges...

Patricia...
            Patricia, thank you.

Pavel

Comment

Pavel, beautiful shots! I love your watercolor. Wish I could do as well in Painter!

Patricia, Pretty waterfall.

Frank, Perfectly framed.

Here's one I did with Painter. I used digital inks to smoosh the color aorund, brought that back into painter.

Duplicated the original background and desaturated and placed it above the Painter layer. Tweaked blending modes until I got something I liked then merged the two layers. I also made a duplicate grayscale of the original layer (in another file) to use as a bump map distortion to the merged layer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Painter oil brush. Tweaked in Photoshop.
                Attached Files

Comment

Swampy....These two are really good...you are getting to grips with Painter now...so much to learn in there...doubt I will ever know it all!!!
                  Thank you for your comment...

I have done another one...decided to do Niks color solarize and frame with an action in Photoshop CS2...

Patricia....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Swampy...Love your watercolors

Patricia...Very nice rendering using Niks filter. Matches the mood of the place perfectly. I have quite a few shots of "beaver's lakes" with dead trees...strange feeling. I attach a few more pictures to illustrate my point.

Pavel
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pavel123; 10-07-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pavel...I love Niks color effex...but feel a bit of a cheat as its a quick fix!

Here are two for you done in Niks...one BW solarize and the other color...spooky eh?

Patricia...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Patricia, Wonderful solarization! As Pavel said, you captured the feel so well. I found the dead trees depressing and kind of eerie and couldn't get "into" working on them, but you've reset the mood with that one.

And yes, Painter is deep and wide. I think a lot of my "problem" has been achieving an eye for what looks right. I exist in the photo realism world so much (hey, it pays the bills), that it sometimes gets hard to "let it all go"

Comment

Thanks Swampy...I have solarized many things including dragon fly and spiders....I really like the effect!
                          Ah yes Painter...for me i think i was trying toooooo hard...now i am relaxing into it and its getting better each day!!!

Patricia....

Comment

One more, then I'm going to bed.

All done in Photoshop.

Sharpen, Posterize, HSL, Texture then history brush.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Patricia,
                              Interesting filter. Tried it on another image.
                              Attached Files

Comment