Holiday pics for you to play with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday pics for you to play with.

Just got back from my Hols in Scotland, and thought I'd post a few pics for you all to have a play with.

I'm always impressed by the talent and creativity to be found in this forum and can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Attached Files

Re: Holiday pics for you to play with.

Gary, great photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW Gary! These are GORGEOUS!

Janet

Comment

Nice one Pavel, love the effect it's so subtle.

Hi Janet, yes Scotland's a beautiful place when it's not raining (which it usually is when I visit).

As an added bonus there were no midges either (too early in the year for them) so we weren't being eaten everytime we went out.

Comment

Great photo's Ary Scotland looks lovely, Havent been there yet but ONE day !

Palms
          Attached Files
          Last edited by palms; 05-21-2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hidden Trail.

Nice captures Gary and I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Always wanted to make a visit to the Highlands. Anyway, thought I would title this one Hidden Trail. Here's the full rendering; attached is a lower quality crop.
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Must have been a great trip. Here is my framed painting ready to hang on your wall. Started with a smudge using a thick oil brush, then applied Snap Art's Oil Painting filter followed by highlight and shadow adjustments.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow guys I'm blown away.

Having practically no artistic imagination myself I'm always in awe of those who do.

I'm glad you all chose the tree pic, as I liked the feeling of quiet seclusion it suggested. All of you have taken that feeling and amplified it greatly. I won't insult any of you with my miserly discrimination as they are all excellent.

For what it's worth, it was taken in the grounds of "Riverside Lodges" which is where we were staying. It's by the side of Loch Lochy about 15 miles North of Fort William.

The other pics were taken across (2)Loch Lochy, across (3)Loch Arkaig, and in (4)(5)Glen Affric

As you've all done such good work with the tree, I'd like to be cheeky and throw another tree shot at you. This isn't such a good pic, but the tree has real character, it's kinda how I always thought "Treebeard" would look (for those of you who've read "Lord of the Rings" by Tolkein).
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Gary Richardson; 05-21-2007, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Gary, you've taken some great shots.

So anyone for a needlepoint version of the first tree?

Adjusted colors with Shadow/Highlight. Ran My line art technique at a setting of about 5. Ran Watercolor filter on that then pulled back the blacks and beefed up the lights with a Blend If on the line drawing. Ran Paint daubs on the line drawing. Merged and ran Texturizer "Lambswool" several times.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Two watercolors of the river.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gary these are great photos.
                      I had a try at the tree too. Did the paint with light treatment.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Swampy, like the Needlepoint, but love the Watercolours. Not sure which I prefer, it changes as I view each.

Cathy, wow. The paint with light really makes it POP. I love it.

Comment

I agree with Gary, Cathy. Nice Kincade look.

Thank you Gary. :-)

Comment

Thanks Garry and Swampy I appricate the comments.
                            Swampy I like your water colors how do you do them?
                            cathy

Comment

Thank you Cathy.

I do my water colors mostly with the Pattern Stamp Tool (PhotoShop). I will often run my "Photo Art 101" method on them to futz them up a little before painting. Also, like to desaturate or use Shadow/Highlight on them if they are really saturated and I want to go for a soft look. Gather up a good selection of watercolor and chalk brushes. You can modify the ones that come with PS and add them to your PST presets.

I've got video tutorials for both my "Photo Art 101" method and painting with the Pattern Stamp Tool in the RTP tutorials section.

Comment

Working...
                              X