X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lglogan
    • Dec 2001

Gallery: Lynda Logan

I became interested in Photo Art a few months ago. After playing with it a while I became hooked. I have an Ablum in my Gallery that is nothing but photo art. I have used Buzzpro, Virtural Painter and a few tutorials for these images. Comments are greatly appreciated. I want to learn.

http://www.pbase.com/lglogan/artistry[/URL]

Smiles,
    Lynda
  • DannyRaphael
    • Mar 2002

I want to learn.
    Lynda... You have done some beautiful work. It will be many of us who can learn from you. I'll bet some of your BW images would make great "art" too, i.e., the Eiffel Tower pics.

You mentioned studying a few tutorials in your post. If these are on the internet, it would be terrific if you could post links to them.

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure I speak for many in saying I hope you're a regular contributor to this forum and share more of your elegant artwork.

~DannyR~
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 05-31-2002, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• lglogan
      • Dec 2001

Danny,

Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed the gallery.

The turtorials I used are by David Rowley. The Pen & Ink Turtorial is the best I have found. The other one is the Olde World Look that I used on the Gyeongbokgung Palace image.

Pen & Ink:

Olde World Look:

Smiles,
      Lynda

Comment

• OhThatGirl2001
        • Jan 2002

Hi Lynda,

I love your gallery! I want to learn too. I too used the first link to initally try the watercolor techinque. I have not tried Buzzpro - did you use it on any of these picutures?

Lisa

Comment

• lglogan
          • Dec 2001

Lisa,

Yes, I used Buzzpro on 'Flowers in watercolor' and 'Violets in watercolor'. I must say Buzzpro is my favorite watercolor filter.

Smiles,
          Lynda

Comment

• jeaniesa
            • Aug 2001

Hi Lynda,

Thanks for sharing your gallery with us! I enjoyed looking through what you've done.

I think my favorite is "Violets in Watercolor." That one seems so realistic as a water color to me and I love the play of the light and shadow on the flowers.

I also really like the Lighthouse. And the Colosso & Arch, though if it were me, I would have probably tried to clone out some of the modern vehicles and some of the people (esp. ones that looked especially modern, i.e. carrying backpacks.) But the effect you got on this one - plus the lighting make this a really neat image!!

Thanks for sharing the links too. You'll see a very long discussion of "discoveries" as many of us tried working with David Rowley's Island Cafe tutorial. (Maybe you already read through that thread?) I find that taking a tutorial and then trying to expand/modify it is not only satisfying as a creative endeavor, it can produce some wonderful realistic-looking art.

I'm glad you joined in this discussion as some of us try our hand at this. And thanks again for sharing your gallery.

Jeanie

Comment

• DJ Dubovsky
              • Aug 2001

I have to echo the other sentiments on your work. Very beautiful Lynda. Thank you for sharing it. You are so talented. I don't know how Jeanie managed to pick a favorite. They are all so pretty. The violets are stunning though.
              DJ

Comment

• lglogan
                • Dec 2001

I just want to say thank you to everyone. I am over whelmed. I spend a lot of time - no make that most of my time at my computer or with camera in hand. All my photography is done with digital cameras. My new baby is a CP5000. The more I learn the more I want to learn. I am self taught and most of my knowledge is from forums and books. I truly appreciate your comments.

Smiles,
                Lynda

Comment

• Mike Needham
                  • Apr 2002

Just had to check out your gallery after all the praise and I must say that I'm impressed!

I think my favourite has to be the oil and emboss of the Trevi fountain - any chance of explaining how you did this? It looks like a cleaner and more detailed version of pen and ink that you have also done. Very nice.

Comment

• lglogan
                    • Dec 2001

Mike,

The oil emboss is a filter in Photo Brush version 1.7. Unfortunately it is not in the new version 1.95. I wrote Mediachance about this and they did say they were going to try to add it to the next version. It is a great filter and it is a shame it is not in the current version.

Smiles,
                    Lynda

Comment

• Steve Taylor
                      • Mar 2002

Lynda,

Loved the Gallery. So where in Texas are you originally from?

Steve

Comment

• lglogan
                        • Dec 2001

Steve,

Origianally I am from Graham, but San Antonio was my home for a long time. Are you from Texas? Where?

Lynda

Comment

• lglogan
                          • Dec 2001

Duh... I just noticed you are in Arlington. Nice area . I love Dallas.

Lynda

Comment

• Steve Taylor
                            • Mar 2002

Originally posted by jeaniesa

I think my favorite is "Violets in Watercolor."
                            Jeanie
                            Without a doubt my favorite is Trevi Fountain. That is an effect I have been trying to capture for some time. To bad we can't get that filter now.

Steve

Comment

• lglogan
                              • Dec 2001

Steve,

I posted a plea for help in the "Whatever Happened to Oil Painting" thread this morning. I, too, have tried to recreate that effect. I am hoping that someone can come up with some ideas and help us out. Meanwhile I will keep working on it.

Lynda

Comment