Flowers on "Death Row"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers on "Death Row"

These poor flowers are condemned to die within the month.
    Even though they can't get a pardon from Father Frost, maybe someone would like to give them immortality through art.
    Shari
    Attached Files

Re: Flowers on "Death Row"

Hopefully i have saved one from "death row"

where's Steve when hes needed i bet he would save one

Palms
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe a little abstract for your taste, but just having some Droste fun tonight.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
        Maybe a little abstract for your taste, but just having some Droste fun tonight.
        Not too abstract for me lkroll l like it, colours are great

Palms

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I am just beginning to get brave enough to try to paint with the brushes, so it is really interesting to me to see how the experts would paint a photo I like.
          Palms, I love your interpretation, especially the border and soft colors. Would you mind sharing how you did the border?
          Lkroll, I would have never thought of an abstract from the hybiscus. It looks like an aerial view of a new amusement park ride.
          I am attaching my tries at painting the two pictures.
          Attached Files

Comment

Just playing around a bit
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you sharynideas i like your paintings especially the hibuscus one,

To do the border effect

duplicate your image on the top layer Edit > transform > Scale

On the top pallette click the little link between the W & H ( maintains the aspect ratio ) enter a value in either the width or height, i think i used about85%

The rest is now optional by selecting the image in both layers one at a time i used Edit >stroke 10 in pink, ( on the bottom layer i clicked inside )

Again on the bottom layer i lightened the image or you could darken it
              quite a few options on the bottom layer filters for example

top layer you could rotate using the transform tool again

Palms

Comment

Originally posted by Cassidy View Post
                Just playing around a bit

Nice bit of play Cassidy

Palms

Comment

It won't be long, that's for sure. Gave the stroke thing mentioned above a try and continued from there.

A little bit of everything. H/Sat, G. Blur, Artistic dry brush - lost track after awhile because I played with it so much.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know what you all mean when you say you played with the pictures so much you lost track. I worked on that hybiscus so much that I could never reproduce it if I tried.
                    Palms- Thanks so much for the mini tutorial. I redid the hybiscus. I have Elements rather than photoshop. Some of the commands are quite a bit different. Apparently especially the edit commands. I figured out how to scale, but never did figure out "Edit >stroke 10 in pink". I realize there's quite a bit of difference in the capabilities of the two programs, and photoshop is definitely what the professional needs.
                    Anyway, I put a border on the hybiscus and darkened it with levels. I couldn't figure out how you and Dmrdm put the colored frames on the border, so I put bevels on both layers.
                    (When I got finished and posted this, I realized I do have a Stroke command under Edit. I had never used it. It's a great way to add a border. Sorry to have sounded so stupid.)
                    Dmrdm- The flowers probably have less than 2 weeks here in Western PA. But you'd never know it. Yesterday's high was 93 and overnight low was 73.
                    Cass-Your interpretation really made the Mandevilla's colors pop.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sharynideas; 09-08-2007, 05:09 AM. Reason: Learned a new trick

Comment

Thought I'd join in on the fun..... Thank you, Shari !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by palms1 View Post
                        Hopefully I have saved one from "death row"

where's Steve when hes needed I bet he would save one

Palms
                        Well now it's only natural that you would think of me when you need help with flowers. As you well know, I wait every day for the next post so I can dig right in and do them justice. And I can see the poor things crying for me to save them. However I find that my highly valuable time allows me to only do this one.

Hope it meets with the poor blossom's approval.

Steve C.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sharynideas glad you worked through the mini tut I wouldnt think you stupid we all have been there and some times still cant find things the hibiscus looks great, dont you feel great when you learn another new trick !
                          Yours also looks great Solitear I will have to find some time to so the hibuscus everyones done such a good job at it.

And hey Super Steve to the rescue again, funny thing is now, I dont think you will lose the flower thing every one has caught on with it

Palms

Comment

Started out using Unplugged's CopyStar filter, but then I made it seamless. The individual (and higher quality) tile is here. Attached is what can be done with it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for giving the flowers eternal life. I'm going to print them all out. When the snow flies, it'll remind me that better times are ahead.
                              Shari

Comment