Flowers?,.... Frogs?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers?,.... Frogs?...

Due to some people not wanting any more......... hang on thats been said already.
    Start again.
    Due to the dearth of Frogs and flowers on this site, I went on a hunt and found this at Morguefile.
    So just for Palms and Steve (and anyone else of course). Feed you addiction here.
    I think I've covered all sides here. Well maybe not, but I tried.

Peter
    Attached Files
    Peter S
    Last edited by Peter S; 09-16-2007, 07:37 PM.

Re: Flowers?,.... Frogs?...

Still playing with crosstitch. I attached a really low quality crop. The complete rendering is over 1MB so click but be forwarned.
    Attached Files

Comment

Priceless Peter absolutely priceless I cannot believe you have hunted down a image of a flower and a frog

wish I could be a fly on Steve's screen when he sees it ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The obvious thing that goes with a frog and a flower is a prince but i think you have filled them shoes with this one

Palms
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter S View Post
        Due to some people not wanting any more......... hang on thats been said already.
        Start again.
        Due to the dearth of Frogs and flowers on this site, I went on a hunt and found this at Morguefile.
        So just for Palms and Steve (and anyone else of course). Feed you addiction here.
        I think I've covered all sides here. Well maybe not, but I tried.

Peter
        Looked all over the internet! I'll bet you had that image all the time, and just found a use for it.

Anyway, here I PRESENT THE WORLD'S NUMBER ONE FROG...NONE OTHER THAN MICHIGAN J. FROG HIMSELF! (With appropriate frame of course.)

Steve C.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice ones .

Steve - no need to make a song and dance about it though.

BTW you should have seen the other frog pics I declined to use. none of them looke a bit like Kermit.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter S View Post
            Nice ones .

Steve - no need to make a song and dance about it though.

BTW you should have seen the other frog pics I declined to use. none of them looke a bit like Kermit.

Peter
            Wish I could have sent along the sound...........I think he was doing his famous rendition of "The Michigan Rag."

Steve C.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conway View Post
              Wish I could have sent along the sound...........I think he was doing his famous rendition of "The Michigan Rag."

Steve C.
              Well Steve we all know what really happened. You pressed record and he croaked.

So to take your mind off of it, here is another one of his friends for you.
              And of course my version, I tried a shallow DOF effect here.

Bigger version can be seen here:-
              [img=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7084/froggy2hpo1.th.jpg]

Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Trying to break my sewing binge, so I did a sketch on rough paper rendering this time.
                Attached Files

Comment

Peter, you forgot the flowers!

Steve C.
                  Attached Files

Comment

steve, i thought that was the WB frog, their mascot. never heard him called michigan j. frog before.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conway View Post
                      Peter, you forgot the flowers!

Steve C.
                      He ate them.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin View Post
                        steve, i thought that was the WB frog, their mascot. never heard him called michigan j. frog before.
                        He originally appreared in a WB cartoon, as you probably know, where he would only do his singing/dancing act for whoever owned him. Try as they might to get him to perform for an agent, or for an audience he would not.

One of the songs he sang was the Michigan Rag.

Here is a bit more info:

Michigan J. Frog was an animated cartoon character who debuted in the Looney Tunes cartoon One Froggy Evening (December 31, 1955), written by Michael Maltese and directed by Chuck Jones. In this cartoon Michigan is a male frog who occasionally wears a top hat, carries a cane, sings pop music, ragtime, Tin Pan Alley hits, and other songs from the late 19th and early 20th century while dancing and performing acrobatics in the style of early 20th century vaudeville. The character appeared in a later cartoon entitled "Another Froggy Evening" (October 6, 1995). His name comes from the song "The Michigan Rag" (an original song written by Jones, Maltese, and musical director Milt Franklyn), which he sings in the cartoon. In a clip from a DVD special, Jones stated that he had come up with the name "Michigan Frog" during the 1970s and was inspired to add the "J." as a middle initial while being interviewed by a writer named Jay Cox.

Steve C.

Comment