Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to forums or fear starting threads? Pls. read

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
    A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)
    by jeaniesa
    I’d like to extend a big WELCOME to those of you who are new here at RetouchPro. My name is Jeanie and I’m your Moderator and friendly assistant in the Critiques/Opinions/Help Requested section of the RetouchPro Forums.

I think you’ll discover, just like I did, that RetouchPro...
    06-08-2002, 06:58 PM
  • Jakaleena
    A Welcome Note To Newbies
    by Jakaleena
    I just wanted to say “WELCOME” to any of you who are new here to RetouchPro. I’m Jackie. Or just Jak, which is what people around here call me. I’m your Moderator and friendly tour guide for the Restoration, Retouching, and Manipulation section of the RP Forums.

I hope you’ll...
    06-07-2002, 07:50 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    WELCOME! and Information
    by DannyRaphael
    TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND INFORMATION BY CATEGORY!

After reading this post when you return to 'The BEST of Photo-Art" level, at the bottom of the screen look for the black band labeled "Show Threads."

The best way to see the contents of this forum is to choose...
    11-10-2002, 08:50 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Threadophobia
    by Doug Nelson
    We have a very good post rate here on the RetouchPRO forums. Above average, actually.

But our thread rate is far below average. Add this to our propensity for threads to wander in and out of topics (see my "not a chatroom" blog entry) and there's really only one conclusion:...
    11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
  • kstein
    Training Suggestions Please?
    by kstein
    I would be very interested in furthering my training but have some limitations.

So far I have taken the following courses:

New York Institute of Photography.

Katrin Eismann's Book Photoshop Restoration & Retouching, went through it like a sponge! I still...
    04-24-2003, 03:36 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forums or fear starting threads? Pls. read

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/blo...adophobia.html

A good read from RetouchPRO owner/admin Doug Nelson.

---------------------------

To reiterate some of Doug's observations: We WELCOME new threads, questions, issues, etc. There are many RP members who are ready and willing to help or advise -- in all forums, not just this one that focuses on manipulation.

Rookies, newbies and those with little experience take note: There's no shame being at or near the bottom of the learning curve, regardless of the topic of interest. All the "old pros" started at the same place you did: The Beginning.

So if you're sitting on a question, why not take a leap of faith and start a thread? There's no risk. You won't lose your job -- unless you're at work, posting on company time and get caught! Be assured you won't get bashed, hassled or laughed at like you did at school or perhaps other online venues. We do "respect" well here at RP.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised and there's a great chance will learn something.
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM.
Working...
X