Irises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irises

Flowers have always been my first love for photography. So it should only follow that they are also my favourite subject for photo art. My interest in Photo art started in trying to create interesting pseudo paintings for use with note cards.

The attached photo was taken at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne VT back in 2006. The 'art' was created in DAP using the Aquarell template settings and then tweaked in PSPv9.

I hope others will have fun playing with this image.

A larger (1200x900 ~200 Kb) version can be obtained at this link:

A larger (1350x1050 ~200 Kb) version can be seen at this link.

Comments and critiques always welcomed. How else can we learn?

Thanks for looking.

--Gene
    Attached Files

Re: Irises

Really nice flower photo. I simplified, painted using Impressionist and added an edging.
    Attached Files

Comment

great photo Gene
      had a mess around (as ususal should of been doing something else )
      first one a coloured sketch with a couple of textures added
      second buzzed the used cutout filter and some color tweeking

Palms
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice picture Gene, Thanks for the play!

Lots of tweaking, blending, and nudging finished off with a blended version from Fotosketcher
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the play, Gene. I have played with Art History Brush for BG, Pattern Stamp Tool for the simplified flowers, tweaked colors, added texture and that's what came out
          Attached Files

Comment

Maybe at tad on the abstract side, but still continuing to feed my binge (beats spider webs eh; lol).
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the excellent photo!
              Dan
              Attached Files

Comment

Excellent result Dan. Really like the realistic oil strokes (still now able to simulate this looseness with filters, though DAP has helped some). Kudos.

Comment

Some pretty amazing plays here, folks. Glad you had some fun.

Originally posted by MiningArt View Post
                  Really nice flower photo. I simplified, painted using Impressionist and added an edging.
                  Nice one, John. I have an Impressionist plug-in for Paintshop Pro. Grabbed a number of presets from this board. But still need some more practice with it. Curious, do you find that there is an optimum file size (pixels size) that works best with the plug-in?

Originally posted by palms1 View Post
                  great photo Gene
                  had a mess around (as usual should of been doing something else )
                  first one a coloured sketch with a couple of textures added
                  second buzzed the used cutout filter and some color tweaking
                  Especially like that first one with the added textures. But both a super. Thanks for playing, Palms.

Originally posted by 0lBaldy View Post
                  Nice picture Gene, Thanks for the play!

Lots of tweaking, blending, and nudging finished off with a blended version from Fotosketcher
                  That Fotosketcher is an amazing piece of software, made even better by its price tag. <grin> You tweaked, blended and nudge it quite well here. Nicely done, OlBaldy.

Originally posted by amica999 View Post
                  Thanks for the play, Gene. I have played with Art History Brush for BG, Pattern Stamp Tool for the simplified flowers, tweaked colors, added texture and that's what came out
                  What a gorgeous shade of pink you achieved, Amica. I love it!

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
                  Maybe at tad on the abstract side, but still continuing to feed my binge (beats spider webs eh; lol).
                  LOL! Lyle, if I learned nothing else lurking in these forums this past while is to expect a certain type of play from you. And you never disappoint. <grin> My only nit with this image is I had to get up and move back about twenty feet so I could see the irises. <Big Grin> Thanks for playing.

Originally posted by oltenius View Post
                  Thank you for the excellent photo!
                  And thank you Dan for such an excellent image in response. As Lyle has already comment, I also love the realistic oil brush strokes. Might I ask how you created this?

Again, thanks to everyone for playing.

Comment

'Curious, do you find that there is an optimum file size (pixels size) that works best with the plug-in?' Gene

No, not so much the size. I think it does better if the image has some of the detail removed first though. I usually simplify in one way or the other, or hand paint here and there. Also, the first thing I do is change the image to the production size. For the forum that means 800x600-72dpi most of the time. I noticed that if the last step is the reduction in size for the forum that some of the effects might be lost.

I really enjoy and have learned a lot from all the various effects everyone comes up with, creativity knows no bounds.

Comment

Thanks for the play.

Joe
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lyle and Gene, Thanks for the nice comments!
                        Gene, I used Painter Essentials (Acrylics>Captured Bristle) and PS (Pattern Stamp - Brush Strokes big bristle), H/S, USM, S/H, Vignette...
                        Regards,
                        Dan

Comment

Nice pic Gene, thanks for the play.

Grant
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MiningArt View Post
                            No, not so much the size. I think it does better if the image has some of the detail removed first though. I usually simplify in one way or the other, or hand paint here and there. Also, the first thing I do is change the image to the production size. For the forum that means 800x600-72dpi most of the time. I noticed that if the last step is the reduction in size for the forum that some of the effects might be lost.

I really enjoy and have learned a lot from all the various effects everyone comes up with, creativity knows no bounds.
                            Thanks for that info, John. Need to spent more time playing with the Impressionist plug-in. So much to experiment with and so little time to do so. <grin>

Originally posted by Joeven View Post
                            Thanks for the play.
                            Oh that is nice. Especially like the slight hint of colour in the background. Nicely done, Joe.

Originally posted by oltenius View Post
                            Gene, I used Painter Essentials (Acrylics>Captured Bristle) and PS (Pattern Stamp - Brush Strokes big bristle), H/S, USM, S/H, Vignette...
                            Thanks for the info, Dan.

Originally posted by geepee52 View Post
                            Nice pic Gene, thanks for the play.
                            Love the colour combination you've used here, Grant. How do you change colours like that?

Comment

Love the colour combination you've used here, Grant. How do you change colours like that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure how the colour changed, I threw everything at it and I can't remember everything I did.I did use Topaz Clean and a Fractalius overlay and I used the glass filter and a couple of texture layers.

Grant

Comment

Working...
                              X