• ghealy
    replied
    Re: Irises

Thanks for the info, Grant.

Leave a comment:

• geepee52
    replied

Love the colour combination you've used here, Grant. How do you change colours like that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure how the colour changed, I threw everything at it and I can't remember everything I did.I did use Topaz Clean and a Fractalius overlay and I used the glass filter and a couple of texture layers.

Grant

Leave a comment:

• ghealy
    replied

Originally posted by MiningArt View Post
    No, not so much the size. I think it does better if the image has some of the detail removed first though. I usually simplify in one way or the other, or hand paint here and there. Also, the first thing I do is change the image to the production size. For the forum that means 800x600-72dpi most of the time. I noticed that if the last step is the reduction in size for the forum that some of the effects might be lost.

I really enjoy and have learned a lot from all the various effects everyone comes up with, creativity knows no bounds.
    Thanks for that info, John. Need to spent more time playing with the Impressionist plug-in. So much to experiment with and so little time to do so. <grin>

Originally posted by Joeven View Post
    Thanks for the play.
    Oh that is nice. Especially like the slight hint of colour in the background. Nicely done, Joe.

Originally posted by oltenius View Post
    Gene, I used Painter Essentials (Acrylics>Captured Bristle) and PS (Pattern Stamp - Brush Strokes big bristle), H/S, USM, S/H, Vignette...
    Thanks for the info, Dan.

Originally posted by geepee52 View Post
    Nice pic Gene, thanks for the play.
    Love the colour combination you've used here, Grant. How do you change colours like that?

Leave a comment:

• geepee52
    replied

Nice pic Gene, thanks for the play.

Grant
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• oltenius
    replied

Lyle and Gene, Thanks for the nice comments!
    Gene, I used Painter Essentials (Acrylics>Captured Bristle) and PS (Pattern Stamp - Brush Strokes big bristle), H/S, USM, S/H, Vignette...
    Regards,
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• Joeven
    replied

Thanks for the play.

Joe
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MiningArt
    replied

'Curious, do you find that there is an optimum file size (pixels size) that works best with the plug-in?' Gene

No, not so much the size. I think it does better if the image has some of the detail removed first though. I usually simplify in one way or the other, or hand paint here and there. Also, the first thing I do is change the image to the production size. For the forum that means 800x600-72dpi most of the time. I noticed that if the last step is the reduction in size for the forum that some of the effects might be lost.

I really enjoy and have learned a lot from all the various effects everyone comes up with, creativity knows no bounds.

Leave a comment:

• ghealy
    replied

Some pretty amazing plays here, folks. Glad you had some fun.

Originally posted by MiningArt View Post
    Really nice flower photo. I simplified, painted using Impressionist and added an edging.
    Nice one, John. I have an Impressionist plug-in for Paintshop Pro. Grabbed a number of presets from this board. But still need some more practice with it. Curious, do you find that there is an optimum file size (pixels size) that works best with the plug-in?

Originally posted by palms1 View Post
    great photo Gene
    had a mess around (as usual should of been doing something else )
    first one a coloured sketch with a couple of textures added
    second buzzed the used cutout filter and some color tweaking
    Especially like that first one with the added textures. But both a super. Thanks for playing, Palms.

Originally posted by 0lBaldy View Post
    Nice picture Gene, Thanks for the play!

Lots of tweaking, blending, and nudging finished off with a blended version from Fotosketcher
    That Fotosketcher is an amazing piece of software, made even better by its price tag. <grin> You tweaked, blended and nudge it quite well here. Nicely done, OlBaldy.

Originally posted by amica999 View Post
    Thanks for the play, Gene. I have played with Art History Brush for BG, Pattern Stamp Tool for the simplified flowers, tweaked colors, added texture and that's what came out
    What a gorgeous shade of pink you achieved, Amica. I love it!

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
    Maybe at tad on the abstract side, but still continuing to feed my binge (beats spider webs eh; lol).
    LOL! Lyle, if I learned nothing else lurking in these forums this past while is to expect a certain type of play from you. And you never disappoint. <grin> My only nit with this image is I had to get up and move back about twenty feet so I could see the irises. <Big Grin> Thanks for playing.

Originally posted by oltenius View Post
    Thank you for the excellent photo!
    And thank you Dan for such an excellent image in response. As Lyle has already comment, I also love the realistic oil brush strokes. Might I ask how you created this?

Again, thanks to everyone for playing.

Leave a comment:

• lkroll
    replied

Excellent result Dan. Really like the realistic oil strokes (still now able to simulate this looseness with filters, though DAP has helped some). Kudos.

Leave a comment:

• oltenius
    replied

Thank you for the excellent photo!
    Dan
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lkroll
    replied

Maybe at tad on the abstract side, but still continuing to feed my binge (beats spider webs eh; lol).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• amica999
    replied

Thanks for the play, Gene. I have played with Art History Brush for BG, Pattern Stamp Tool for the simplified flowers, tweaked colors, added texture and that's what came out
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 0lBaldy
    replied

Nice picture Gene, Thanks for the play!

Lots of tweaking, blending, and nudging finished off with a blended version from Fotosketcher
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• palms
    replied

great photo Gene
    had a mess around (as ususal should of been doing something else )
    first one a coloured sketch with a couple of textures added
    second buzzed the used cutout filter and some color tweeking

Palms
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MiningArt
    replied

Really nice flower photo. I simplified, painted using Impressionist and added an edging.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X