Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressionist plugin - how can I run it on a Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressionist plugin - how can I run it on a Mac?

I've just switched to an Apple Mac. Does it mean that I cannot any longer use
    swampy's presets for watercolor and the Impressionist plugin?
    Please say no, and tell me where to find these tools for an AppleMac
    Thanks
    Arturo

re: Impressionist plugin - how can I run it on a Mac?

Impressionist is a Windows PS filter so you're out of luck with MAC. Maybe can do a dual boot and use Impressionist with a surrogate like Irfanview (and not GIMP if you know the hack).

Comment

I didn't develop Impressionist, but you should be able to use my art brushes. :-)

Comment

lol; should have said now GIMP not "not GIMP". Also, forgot to link the thread describing how to get it to work in GIMP.

http://registry.gimp.org/node/22324#comment-6562 (yes; no fear when you edit the files is required. lol). Trust me; this works. I can't recall, but I think you will get an error in GIMP when you first run it after doing this. Just close and re-open and all is well.

Comment

Arturo, I assume you have a newer Intel Mac. Definitely invest in Parallels so you can run Windows and enjoy any Windows-only software, of which there is much.

Rebooting into Boot Camp to run Windows is free but an inconvenience. Parallels lets you drag work from Windows to Mac and vice-versa. Your Parallels Windows environment becomes just a file in a folder, so it is easily backed up and restored as needed.

Comment

Re: Impressionist plugin - how can I run it on a M

I tried both Boot Camp and Parallels and wound up deleting them as I became riddled with viruses. Also I have always been a Mac user and didn't know diddly about the operation of or file system of a PC.

I have been able to use certain things like brushes etc, anything that has the same icon characteristic as a mac. Actions, etc. I hope that this helps. I am using a 2009 iMac and OS 10.6.2

Comment

Re: Impressionist plugin - how can I run it on a M

Thanks a lot to all of you for your valuable advice and prompt answer.
              I'm glad I'll be able to use Swampy's art brushes and I will consider Parallel.
              Thank you again
              Arturo

Comment