Christmas - what no images!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas - what no images!

Christmas is coming and it seems like my brain has taken an early vacation. Every year I produce a christmas card to send to my close friends and family - and possibly some clients to remind them I am still alive and in the business!!

This year though it seems that I have gone dry. I have spent hours at my computer screen staring at images that just don't seem to be exceptional - or just have no feeling.

Retouchpro is the only place where I see work that I get inspired by - so here I am asking for some help.

Please help inspire me.....
    Clare

Clare,

Just a thought. Thomas Kinkade (and others) have quite a few paintings that might inspire you. You might also consider something along the lines of Norman Rockwell for a more human touch. We had a challenge or two around Christmas last year that produced some pretty good ideas too. I seem to remember at least one in the photo art category also. Hope you come up with something good. I'd like to see the final results.

Ed

Comment

Thanks Ed - I'll look these artists up and I will definately visit our gallery challenges.

Comment

Check out this site. Perhaps some of these will strike your fancy.

BTW: The admin (Ian) at FreeFoto.com graciously allows me to post images from this collection for mini-challenges.

Comment

Thanks Danny this has given some ideas to work on. I'm still not to certain which way this years pic will turn out - I never am until I start, but this has given me some much need inspiration.

I have attached last years image

Greek Angel
          (I can't remember whether I have posted this here before if I have I am sorry for the repeat!)

Clare
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't remember seeing this one before. But even if it was posted, it's still worth seeing. I'd say that one captures the spirit of the season. Very nice.

Ed

Comment

Thanks Ed
              I am finding it a little bit difficult to follow that one!

Comment

Hey Danny, I checked out FreeFoto.com, chose an image and made a Christmas card......just playing around.

The top is the original and the bottom is my new version

Marlene
                www.thedigitalspectrum.com
                Attached Files

Comment

Clare,
                  That angel is really beautiful.

Marlene,
                  I love what you did to that image to create a Christmas card. That's really pretty. You should print and send them. It's better than the cards they sell.
                  DJ

Comment

Clare -- the scanned background from your maple leaf would look beautiful on a card.

Comment

D.J. Thankyou! I'm going to be printing up postcards and I may include this.

Claire...lovely Angel!

Marlene
                      www.thedigitalspectrum.com

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments on the Greek angel.

CJ - I think you have a good idea there - and it will give me somewhere to work from - the blank canvas has probably been the thing that has been holding me back this year. I will definately give this a try.

Marlene - I like what you created with your image. It is very effective - I prefer your image to the original.

I am going to revisit Dannys link and see what I can come up with.
                        Hopeful my next post will include an image

Comment

Well with Christmas looming I have finally finished my card. I have posted it in the gallery (click HERE).

Thanks to all for your inspiration, Have a fantastic Christmas

Clare

- - - - - -
                          Added link to the gallery post. - DannyR

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-09-2002, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Clare:

That's a lovely image. Just wonderful.

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks Danny

Thanks for putting the link in I should really learn how to do that!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X