Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium Bristle Oils 15 please help

Hello Everyone

Can someone please help me I am using Medium Bristle Oils 15 for painting for some reason it’s behaving badly like a blender instead of a nice silky oil finish I am fairly new to painter 11 and have no idea why this is happening whether I’ve done something by mistake or the brush just playing up. I've tried the General Brush control but still not sure what's happening and I am scared I might make more problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

helen

Re: Medium Bristle Oils 15 please help

Only thing that comes to mind is the 'resat' setting. If its at zero it will act with a smudge effect. Default setting is around 90........hope its that simple for you

gilbert

PS clicking 'brush' icon at top left of window, under 'file' will reset brush to defaults

Comment

Re: Medium Bristle Oils 15 please help

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
      Only thing that comes to mind is the 'resat' setting. If its at zero it will act with a smudge effect. Default setting is around 90........hope its that simple for you

gilbert

PS clicking 'brush' icon at top left of window, under 'file' will reset brush to defaults
      Thanks ever so much for your reply it is much appreciated I have found the problem in the General tab of the brush I change the brush back to the default setting and it is working. I had the Dab Type as Circular instead of Static Bristle and the Stroke Type as single instead of Rake.

I need to learn lots with corel painter still.

helen

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• pavel123
        Painter: Resetting brush settings to default
        pavel123
        by pavel123
        I was wondering if there is a way to revert to the original brush settings in Painter IX. One can change a lot of parameters in "Brush creator" window. Unfortunately the program just keeps new settings and saves them on exit, there is no visible way to reset. Just wondering if there is a hidden...
        09-08-2006, 06:41 AM
      • Gerald McClaren
        How to reset brush
        Gerald McClaren
        by Gerald McClaren
        I don't remember exactly what I had done but the diameter of my brush eg. healing brush is jagged around the whole circumference. Instead of painting with the whole brush, it seems like I'm painting with only the center of it. It should be smooth all the way around. Can someone please tell me how...
        02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
        Two color brush
        by Guest
        This is one that has bugged me, getting 2 colors on one brush. Painter does it, and tonite I found a brush in PS7 that will, but it's not as easy to control as the one in P6/7. So, if there are any PS gurus here that know how to make brushes and modify them, come on down.
        I've got a screen cap...
        08-04-2002, 02:07 AM
      • thegt1
        painter x help please
        thegt1
        by thegt1
        hi everyone i got a quick question a couple of months back i was visiting the wppi photography event and there was a lady selling a dvd ( I don't remember the name but it was something about 3/4 paintings ) and she show me VERY quickly a feature on painter x that allows the program to take a picture...
        09-22-2008, 03:18 AM
      • Paulie
        Desperately need some help!
        by Paulie
        I don't know if i'm posting this in the correct forum, forgive me if its not, but i got a slight problem with my PS settings. In the screen shot attached, i have a hard round brush at over 300 pixels, (you can see the outline of the brush) but as you can see, the line it is putting down is very small,...
        09-25-2003, 05:01 PM
      Working...
      X