Girl and a Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl and a Duck

Here is a pic of my neice and a duck. I thought it was a bit different so I took it on as a photo-art project. I used the new PostworkShop on it. Have fun with it if you want to. I would love to see some others.

Dak
    Attached Files

Re: Girl and a Duck

A PostworkShop concoction with some GIMPy things added. Still figuring out this program Dak; thanks for the play.
    Attached Files

Comment

This one's all PostworkShop. It's a blend of etch and Manga dots.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Dak and Lyle. I really like the work PWS does, I'm very tempted to buy it but I'll have to ask the boss first.I used Lucis and smudging on mine. Thanks for the play.

Grant
        Attached Files

Comment

Those look really good! My niece will get a kick out seeing them. Yes, PWS is going to take some time learning. I haven't tried out the Node feature yet, have you Lyle?

Comment

In a pastlife, I've used both Simulink and Labview, so I know the power of node programming Dak. Yes; I pretty much start out with layers then go to nodes to do some finesse work. Actually created a few custom (maybe Sophomoric; lol) styles too. Not hard to get the hang of it Dak; fun actually.

Comment

I had no idea where to go with this one but here's what I ended up with.

Fran
              Attached Files

Comment

Same comment as Fran ?!?!

Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

Fran & Peter: both nice renderings.

This one really pushed me outside my comfort zone. I don't normally do people if I can avoid it. <Smile> Played with this in DAP to mask out distracting background. It worked but then I had too much dead space. So while doing post processing in PSPv9 to add contrast & texture I also cropped it down

A larger version (1600x1200 - 646 KB) can be seen here:
                  http://ghealy.smugmug.com/photos/1104553326_BbCMj-O.jpg

Thanks for looking.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gene, you should go outside your comfort zone more often. I like your version -- a lot!!

Fran

Comment

You are much too kind, Fran, but thank you. <Smile>

BTW where in Central NY. I'm a former Brooklyn boy who lived in Plattsburgh for 6 years before moving to Canada. (Married a sweet Canadian)

Comment

About as central as you can get, Gene -- Syracuse area. Let's go Orange!

Fran

Comment

Beautiful picture. I was trying for a softer look with focus on features.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fran: Only ever been to Syracuse once back in 1970 and then only for an hour or so. Hoping to relocate to an area that will be a bit closer than I am now next year. When that happens, maybe I'll get down that way to better explore the area.

Had another play with Morgan and her pet.
                            A larger version can be seen here:
                            http://ghealy.smugmug.com/photos/1105071940_PCj6Y-O.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello everybody... I've been going through some weird stuff lately...like can't get my mojo going.Ugh, and it's been getting more & more difficult to mentally create new paths in my artwork. The images you offer to us just leave me stumped. It's got to be a phase I'm going through, I just wish it would hit the road already.

Dak, I loved this sensitive capture of your niece. Basic retouching, skin, eyes, mouth,hair, eliminate background, ducky got a retouch, too, followed by a texture layer, dodged to highlight Morgan's features.

I did feel the need to work on this image but perhaps I should revisit it when my muse returns.

Everyone else, you inspire. Thanks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X