• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poppy pics

poppy.jpg here is my go

Comment

Episodic,
      Oh, this version took my breath away. It looks like you just tore it from your sketchpad and it's still damp. The poppy looks particularly hand drawn and the background is... fresh. Like it!

Comment

Wow Epi; fantastic result.

Comment

Let's keep the vote unanimous. Epi, that is stunning work. Any hints as to how it was achieved? (Please??)

Comment

Yes, please, it's stunning f'sure!

Comment

Hi, wish I had time to do tutorials like what I've seen. Basically, I used photoshop and the pen tool to extract the poppy. I then overlayed it onto a plain colored background. I saved this as a file. I opened in painter and I flipped the image to view it upside down. I used "Den's funky chunky' brush with high color variability and switched the main colors often and 'mucked' it up.
              I used 'soft cloner' at a low opacity to 'barely' reveal the photograph.

I then switched to a "Norman Rockwell" brush I got off of maryilyn sholin's forum when I 'was' a member a while ago. I used it to hand draw the thorns back onto the poppy's stem. They were too much trouble to cut out.

I then switched to a camel brush and used it to 'hand draw the poppy'. I switched colors and alternated between drawing and selecting colors to using the 'clone' feature. I tried to remain heavy on the do it myself side.

I don't know if I'm making sense. But when I was done I took it to photoshop and upped the contrast.

I'm sure I missed something - I basically 'play' until I get what I'm looking for. I derive alot of inspiration from Jeremy Sutton's book and I've tried really hard to let go of the photograph. It is soooo hard. I'm not really an artistic person (or never have been before a couple of years ago) - I was a total non artistic left brained math-centric person. I discovered I loved this stuff a few years ago and I use it to 'play'. . .

Thank you so much for the kind comments, I did this one wondering if anyone would think it were decent I'm in awe of alot of you guy's work often.

Comment

Originally posted by episodic View Post
                I'm not really an artistic person (or never have been before a couple of years ago) - I was a total non artistic left brained math-centric person. I discovered I loved this stuff a few years ago and I use it to 'play'. . .
                Episodic-thanks so much for outlining how you made your wonderful painting. I think photoart is a form of therapy for many of us who love art but never really considered ourselves to be artistic.
                Shari

Comment

Veronica-Your poppy copy is a very clever endeavor.
                  I really like the depth that you brought out and the texture you used.
                  Shari

Comment

My version of the pale poppy
                    been messing with Akvis natureArt and enjoying it

Palms
                    Attached Files

Comment

Palms that is lovely. Soft and peaceful. Great colors.

Comment

touche, Shari, "clever endeavor"!

Comment

A bit o Photoshop and a lot of Filter Forge, plus a Palms texture. Had to try another one after seeing all the great work on this one.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, Gunner. Such vibrant colors! and that texture goes so well.
                            Shari

Comment

I've been charged of being too normal recently so thought I would prove to be otherwise. lol

Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would fake a Fractilus, but then added a few other things.
                                Attached Files

Comment