No announcement yet.

Hey, Photo-art newbie: Rate the Photo-art forum

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• hmr
    Hello...from a newbie!
    by hmr
    I'm new to the forum and to doing digital touch-ups. I'm trying to learn as much as I can as a stay-at-home-mom-hobbyist. I currently only use Photoshop, so those are the tutorials I'll be searching for. I do a little bit of touch-up work for a photographer in NC. She'd love for me to learn how...
    03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
  • MarcyOne
    newbie from Atlanta
    by MarcyOne
    i, I am Marcy from Atlanta, GA & I'm new to this site.
    As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge,
    and through forums we can learn a lot.

I will become a little more involved and see about helping others and being
    helped myself....
    10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
  • johnnywgk
    newbie to this forum
    by johnnywgk
    just saying hi

this looks like a great forum

think i will learn a lot more than i already know,
    and enjoy being part of it

cheers, johnny
    02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
  • lvogels
    Hi all, newbie here - Introduction
    by lvogels
    Hello,

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Lori and I am very new to the photo editing word. My husband is starting out as a photographer and I starting playing around with some of his photos and figured out how much fun it can be so now I'm addicted.
    11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
  • PNO
    Newbie Intro
    by PNO
    I'm Dan Milham, from the New Orleans area. I work as a TV Meteorologist but I'm working hard on developing my photography and photo painting skills with PS and Painter X.

I already recognize a few members here from the NAPP forum and this one looks every bit as friendly and helpful as...
    06-29-2008, 11:55 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey, Photo-art newbie? (Yeah, you!) How Useful

I've found this place extremely useful for advancing my ability with Photoshop.

The creative interpretation threads are really fun.

I'm still exploring the 'Mother of All Actions' thread. Every once in awhile I search on something I'm interested in - like, sharpening or channel masking and it takes me a while to go through every thing useful I find.

Comment

I'm new to the site but have been learning photo art techniques for a year or so. And still have found new ones here! So much to explore and experiment with. Totally love all the photos posted for play.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennie View Post
        I'm new to the site but have been learning photo art techniques for a year or so. And still have found new ones here! So much to explore and experiment with. Totally love all the photos posted for play.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
        Welcome to RP, Tennie. Glad you found us.

I see you have jumped into several threads already... that's terrific.

Keep having fun.

Comment

Re: Hey, Photo-art newbie: Rate the Photo-art foru

Hello, I am Elrond and joined RetouchPro back in 2003 when I was retired. Health issues forced me back into the work place but I am now again in retirement mode and have time to pursue my Photoshop education. I look forward to gaining knowledge from the experts here. I am most interested in photo art as opposed to just retouching. Many of the names are familiar from my former days lurking and sometimes posting on DPreview.

Comment

Originally posted by Elrond View Post
            Hello, I am Elrond and joined RetouchPro back in 2003 when I was retired. Health issues forced me back into the work place but I am now again in retirement mode and have time to pursue my Photoshop education. I look forward to gaining knowledge from the experts here. I am most interested in photo art as opposed to just retouching. Many of the names are familiar from my former days lurking and sometimes posting on DPreview.
            Welcome back, Elrond. Glad you again have time to "play" on the arty side of things. We're honored that you returned and hope you can stay a really long time this go around!

Comment

What else can be said about this site/forum that hasn't already be mentioned? A BIG THANKS!!! to everyone... where else can you share the experiences & skills with others from around the World, certainly not from any book? I too have bought "many" books to improve my PS skills but they just don't do it for me. I'm a "show me" type of person, learning from others will help me grow & learn more than any book can offer! Can't wait to start scratching at the surface of this forum and getting more deeply involved & creative. Again, Best site ever!!
              Danny, is there a category where the members can post other "goodies" that they have found and can share with other members who also may have an interest in? I not only like to learn, I like to share & pass on info that I have found that has help me in my efforts in the creative process and enjoy helping others when I can.
              Let the learning process begin......cre8

Comment

Depending on subject matter sometimes I'm a "show me" kind of guy for example I'm really liking the videos illustrating the features of PS CS6; on the other hand sometimes I do better with written explanations or instructions for example the nuts and bolts of the Image > Calculations command. In any event it's nice to have so many resources and options here and via the Internet.

re: Sharing this/that
                For photo-art related topics/tools/tidbits, this is a good place to share your golden nuggets and pearls of wisdom:

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/

For other topics I'd suggest going to a particular forum or subforum (see attachment for some possibilities) and just start a thread.For example in the Tools > Software forum you could start a new thread titled something like Favorite Photoshop keyboard shortcuts or whatever...

Not to worry... if you guess really wrong on where to start a particular thread, one of the moderators will move it to a more appropriate place. Free of charge! No big deal. That's why Doug (the site owner/admin) pays us the big bucks. (LOL)

I look forward to benefiting from your experiences and expertise. We can all definitely learn from one another.

Hope this helps...
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X