Photo Art: Gallery - Hiroshi Kamakura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Art: Gallery - Hiroshi Kamakura

Mr. Kamakura achieves very nice results with basic tools.

Click HERE to see the gallery.

Click HERE to see an article on Mr Kamakura's work. Note: Use the ABOVE link to see the gallery. The one in this article is broken.

Unusual sketch technique he uses, blends very well with his subjects. "The one with the three white cats had great appeal for me.

Any idea how he accomplishes that look? It look like a stage of negative, over a very thin line sketch??

Comment

These are really nice, he has some very interesting subjects and great compositions too.

I wonder if it is a filtered image combined with a blurred version of the original?

Comment

Danny, thank you for bringing this link to us! Such lovely works, and such a great eye -- first I was impressed with the swings and their shadows, then when even a pile of hangers looked good -- Wow! His use of color is sparing, and when he does use it -- it's really attention-getting.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDCOIN
          Unusual sketch technique he uses, blends very well with his subjects. "The one with the three white cats had great appeal for me.

Any idea how he accomplishes that look? It look like a stage of negative, over a very thin line sketch??
          Yep, it's what you get when you apply KPT's "gaussian glow"...an effect you can easily get without KPT too, in a 2-step process. Here is all you do:

1. Dupe it and blur the top layer with gaussian blur.
          2. Set blend mode to darken.

To get exactly the effect you want just play around with layer opacity and color. Today, under mini-challenge #15 in the photo art forum, I posted an example of the above technique applied to a picture blended with a low opacity outline first, before adding the blur-->darken steps.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/att...=&postid=37688

Phyllis
          Last edited by pstewart; 11-30-2002, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X