Photo Art Photoshop ACTION: Bill Miller's Antique Stipple Engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Art Photoshop ACTION: Bill Miller's Antique Stipple Engraving

The attachment was created by an action, written by Bill Miller, which recreates a popular engraving effect used in decorative and illustrative art for 400 years. Stipple engraving was popular in the late 1700's. To look appropriate subjects such as castles, ruins, ships, plants, birds, etc. should have existed at or before that time.

Click HERE to be taken to a thread where the action set can be downloaded.

Included in the actions is one that creates a frame which can be labeled with custom text in a style typical for this artform.

Thanks, Bill, for sharing this wonderful technique.

~DannyR~
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-11-2002, 08:00 PM.

Very impressive results on the image. The text is hard to read, but that just might be the resolution it was saved at. I will have try try that action out. I'd link to see how the print quality turns out as I bet it would look great on the right type of paper.

~T

Comment

Wow, terriffic

That is really great and thank you so much for the action.

Comment

Hey Chuck:

The first one gets my vote; nice choice of images to work with.

Sure appreciate you tryin' these things out and giving feedback / posting examples. That really helps.

~Danny~

Comment

Danny

I love this action. It works so well! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I attach an example of an image I processed with the action.

Lawrence
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Lawrence. Sure helps to have a great pic to begin with!

Bill is a very creative action writer. I've learned a lot from dissecting his actions.

~DannyR~

Comment

Thanks for putting that image here, Lawrence. Great job. That's the perfect choice for the treatment. Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill for your kind words.

But surely congratulations are due to no one but you for creating such a great action! As Danny said earlier it helps to have a great picture to begin with, but it takes the right tools and knowhow to obtain the required results. And you are the one who supplied those!

I've taken the liberty to add a narrow border to simulate the indentation of the engraving block - I think it looks good.

Thanks once again, and well done! Keep the good work up.

Lawrence

Comment

Thanks! I love that indentation! Very authentic looking. I never knew there was such a thing. Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X