Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wacom tablet to buy?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

  • nebulaoperator
    Need advice on buying Wacom tablet
    by nebulaoperator
    I have never used the tablet for retouching work but the more I learn the more I come across that people use tablet on the daily basis for retouching.Also it feels quiet silly when lots of D&B has to be done with my mouse. Click click click click....
    I want to get something budget but...
    03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
  • Kristin
    Aiptek Graphics Tablet 9x12
    by Kristin
    I just bought an Aiptek graphics tablet (9x12) in the states. I decided that it was a much less expensive investment than the $860 canadian price tag for the Wacom one. Does anyone use an Aiptek tablet? I literally just installed the software for it tonite so I could use any feedback anyone has to...
    08-01-2002, 01:32 AM
  • fotogen
    Replacement Nibs for Wacom Tablet' Pen?
    by fotogen
    I hope this is the right place to post this. I need replace tips for Wacom Tablet's Pen, Intuos 4. Where can I buy them please. Wacom's web site has a kit, but I can not use most of tips in their package.
    I have been using the black one's that came with the tablet. I am not sure what the...
    03-08-2010, 10:53 AM
  • North Coast Fox
    Wacom Intuos5 Professional Pen Tablet
    by North Coast Fox
    Any one use one of these? Can I get by with a medium or hold out for a large?

    Can I use the mouse with the tablet and pen...how do you find a point on a small screen?

    Any thoughts....Thank you.......
    10-14-2012, 07:12 PM
  • ashphotoart
    Which Wacom Tablet is good and affordable.
    by ashphotoart
    Hi,

    Still I'm using my mouse for working with photoshop for retouching/restoration.

    Now I'm thinking to work with Wacom Tablet, but I don't know which one is good and affordable. I'm looking to go on the point.

    Hope someone would help me.

    ...
    09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which Wacom tablet to buy?

    Hey all!
    I am starting to explore digital art. I have been doing 2D visual arts (sketching, painting) for a while now, and want to start digital art.

    I'm looking at the Bamboo Connect, Splash and Capture. They all seem to have the same specs, same active area, but I don't see why the Connect is a little more expensive.

    Do you know what the differences between these three models?

    Also, is it worth a little more than double the price to get the Bamboo Create for a little more active area space? (8.5x5.4" vs 5.8x3.6") plus the pen eraser? I the pen eraser tool seems pretty cool and handy in theory, but is it really neccessary. ( I know it would be nice to have that pressure- sensitive eraser)

    Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions!

  • #2
    Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

    Originally posted by jackichan111 View Post
    Hey all!
    I am starting to explore digital art. I have been doing 2D visual arts (sketching, painting) for a while now, and want to start digital art.

    I'm looking at the Bamboo Connect, Splash and Capture. They all seem to have the same specs, same active area, but I don't see why the Connect is a little more expensive.

    Do you know what the differences between these three models?

    Also, is it worth a little more than double the price to get the Bamboo Create for a little more active area space? (8.5x5.4" vs 5.8x3.6") plus the pen eraser? I the pen eraser tool seems pretty cool and handy in theory, but is it really neccessary. ( I know it would be nice to have that pressure- sensitive eraser)

    Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions!
    The one thing you need to look in a tablet is "comfortability", tablets don't make better artists they just make your life easier... Look the best you can afford, and have in mind the Nips, i mean if you can find them later without problem. It doesn't have to be expensive. Good luck !

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

      I recently purchased a Wacom Intuos3 A5 extended and a Classic Pen Stylus
      both purchased of fleebay, suits me fine.
      I have a digitizer 2 A4 sitting here which I used up until recently,
      and served me well, until I realised not all pens work with the same
      tablet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

        Be careful with the intuos3 cords. If one breaks, it's $100 or so + shipping to repair, and it takes way too long (as in I'd personally just buy a new one rather than wait). If you look at the under side where the cord comes out, there's a point where it can pinch down there right where it exits the tablet. The surface can wear. If you make sure the stylus tips don't get sharp, this will help. I rotate them with pliers to even out wear and just replace them if it starts to become angular as that annoys me anyway. You can clean the surface with a soft cloth. Make sure it's not abrasive. The bigger sizes are easier to work with if you're used to traditional drawing. They allow you to move your shoulder for longer strokes so as not to change the angle of the pen so much. I find it awkward if the tablet elevation is too high. Forward/back becomes too awkward and quirky. Also take note that the older surfaces are much more slick, so you may have to get used to this. If you're pressing hard, it can slip at times. It takes some getting used to.

        Hope my tips help.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

          Originally posted by kav View Post
          Be careful with the intuos3 cords. If one breaks, it's $100 or so + shipping to repair, and it takes way too long
          Hope my tips help.
          I repaired the cord itself. Cut and soldered. This is not a Space Shuttle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

            Originally posted by Dron58 View Post
            I repaired the cord itself. Cut and soldered. This is not a Space Shuttle.
            First off they pinch right where they come out of the tablet. That cannot be cut and soldered. It's too close. Beyond that this isn't a normal thing to expect of anyone. Only a fraction of owners would have the necessary tools or experience to do this. Even basic soldering skills are not a universal trait. It's simply a bad cable design, and they do a cheap ass job soldering it. All your statement suggests is that some people can work around this when it shouldn't be necessary.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

              Originally posted by kav View Post
              First off they pinch right where they come out of the tablet. That cannot be cut and soldered.
              it's true, there are some problems.
              Now I have more a intuos 4 with mini usb cable, hassle-free and without soldering

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

                Originally posted by Dron58 View Post
                it's true, there are some problems.
                Now I have more a intuos 4 with mini usb cable, hassle-free and without soldering
                Yeah... unfortunately they went kind of cheap on the internal soldering job for that port though. Just be really careful as even though cables are interchangeable, it's quite delicate. With the intuos 5 the surface is now sealed to the tablet. I hate that as I always use the large version, and I typically go through 1 surface per year or so. With the change you have to send it back to wacom for resurfacing as opposed to buying a $20 overlay. Their repair service is pretty slow.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Which Wacom tablet to buy?

                  @kav
                  I think our engineering refinements are very few people are interested

                  @jackichan111
                  Internet offers a variety of options.
                  If you're not a professional artist - take the cheapest (note the pen stitch).
                  in the pen should not be a battery. It had very heavy. only Wacom.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X