Realism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism

not sure if this is the right place to post this...

this is one of my latest in Realism : 100% Photoshop

Polygonal Lasso + Brush + Smudges + Blurs

Realism

the Painting above the bed is one of my own (Acryllic on canvas)

whattayathink...
    heathrowe

Re: Realism

I love the simplicity of the room and the shading is excellent. There are a few areas that grab my attention. The upside down “S” shading stroke at the top of the blanket is too harsh and needs to be better blended into the blanket in order to make it more realistic. Also I think the left bed leg would cast just a hint of a shadow around the inside of it…similar to the shadow cast by the leg on the right but much shorter. Finally the shading on the footboard to the left of the blanket…there is a very wide area of shading where the blanket drapes over the footboard. This wide section seems odd to the eye. I don’t think the blanket would cast that shape. Other than that it looks great! Really well done.

Originally posted by heathrowe
    the Painting above the bed is one of my own (Acryllic on canvas)
    Very impressive painting. I'm sure the real version is fantastic!

~T

Comment

tnx t-p
      great suggestions
      i followed thru on them - certainly softens the shadows

tnx
      cheers
      heathrowe

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• GMDee
        First composite! Let me know what you think...
        by GMDee
        Hey everyone, I recently put together my first composite, and though I've got my own opinions about what is wrong with it, I'd like to ask for input from more experienced people. It is created from 3 images, the photo of myself, which was taken with a few studio lights in my living room, as well as...
        09-04-2011, 08:09 AM
      • Blacknight
        Oil painting effects and discussions
        by Blacknight
        I personally prefer the look of an oil painting over watercolor. I played with this one (mainly the FILTER/ARTISTIC/UNDERPAINTING) and liked the way it turned out. How many different mediums can we simulate with Photoshop?

06-03-2002, 05:27 PM
      • Mark Adams
        Which one of these is "better"?
        by Mark Adams
        Working on a project for this week. I've got two versions of this. Version #1 is a more faithful adaptation of the original, but the lighting is wrong.

FDNY globe #1 is here

Version #2 is lit correctly, but looks "funny" if you're familiar with the orginal....
        09-06-2004, 09:30 AM
      • Canna W
        Main subject floating because shadow not right.
        by Canna W
        A lot of shadows in the attached montage are wrong, but I'm not worried about most of them. The thing that really bugs me is that the main subject - the baby in the container - looks as though it is floating. I find this happens to me all the time. I have 'floating' subjects.

I would...
        02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
      • quarte
        Inserting myself: HOW not to look fake?
        by quarte
        Hello All,

I'm new in this restoration, retouching and manipulation thing and i'm struggling with some techniques ...
        I would like to put myself in a situation (picture) that i'm not originally in. Attached is my best shot and it's not good enough ...
        Any suggestions...
        10-11-2003, 05:33 PM
      Working...
      X