check out this awesome photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this awesome photos

first of all just found this great forum and it is my first post.
    does anyone know how this image is done? it's a cross between a photo and a paintings...

http://www3.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=688022
    Last edited by Paldo; 02-25-2003, 12:31 PM.

All I see is a PhotoSig logo. Are you sure you posted the correct link?

Thanks, Jeanie

Comment

For whatever reason, if you take the 1 out and just use www, a photo appears. Try that.

Comment

Paldo,

Someone took a photo and dropped out the background and used a composited one, like you said, and then painted the blanket over the woman. Looks like some of the bg elements might be photograph, some painted.

Nice idea, and fair result, except that the woman sticks out somewhat because of how she is dressed and her skin looks a bit too red and blotchy.

Comment

Okay - Now that you changed the URL I can see his discription. He did pretty much what I said although the throw was not painted on but made to look more artsy after the fact, sounds like that was the case with the whole background. I would like to see this without the jeans and a more natural color to her skin.
          A very nice composition.

Comment

I don't know what his trick is but all his portrait seems to look like a painting instead of a photos... maybe someone here know how to achieve such tricks..

http://www3.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=715409

Comment

That last one you posted looked to be a straight photography shoot. He describes there how he created the background. I don't think he did anything to modify it artisticly. Why don't you email him and ask him how he does his work?

Comment

whta was done ?

the second one is just a straight shoot photo
                the first one, selected the girl put her own her own layer and then did an art effect to everything dragging the girl back into place, that combined the photo with art effect

Comment

all the same thats a sharp image
                  heathrowe

Comment

I see something different. I think both are pure photos with blending/smoothing of skin. What threw me in the first one is the green door -- I believe that's a painted part of the studio backdrop...

(I could be wrong)
                    Scott

Comment

Yes, seeing the backdrops for the others, it's entirely possible, but I definitely see some kind of blur or soft focus going on with the throw.

Comment

The two photos look to me like photographs that were shot in studios by a photographers who understand lighting and the use of props and backdrops.

Comment

and maybe some vaseline on the lens

Comment

Working...
                          X