Creative interpretations: Sail Boat in St. Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Sail Boat in St. Thomas

Here's another blast from the past classic for CI this week... Taken by TwinB (aka Jill).

Looks like a fun time~

~Danny~

- - - - - - -

This picture was taken on our trip to St. Thomas. ---- Oh to be back there now.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 01-26-2004, 12:29 AM.

Wave sailing

Used wave filter. sketch added a little red.

Jean
    Attached Files

Comment

Color sailboat

Same as above only in color. Used wave, Dry Brush, Sharpen, Ink Outline on various layers worked opacity.

Jean
      Attached Files

Comment

HI Jill, Hi Jean, I am glad you changed your Avtar. NOw we can tell you apart.

Its nice to see you are having fun with Photo art, isnt it amazing how our attemps keep getting better and better. I know I have a totally different imagination then I did a year ago.

Nice submissions. Kind of 50-60 art form.

Anyway a ship in a storm.

BY the way it looks like a super place to visit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well, this is where my wondering went. Definitely "Primitive."
          Attached Files

Comment

all great versions
            just my usual PI colored pen

bubba
            Attached Files

Comment

Came to my senses a bit!....here's my second rendition. (I liked Andrew's idea of something primitive ....I just kind of simplified a bit and took out a lot of detail...then zapped up saturation....overlayed with the line outlines ) (Note - the first one was just playing around with Apply Image)
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Ken:
                Great manipulation!
                ("Skipper... I think we're lost!" "Shut-up, Gilligan!")

BillC:
                Sure glad you found this little playground. You certainly come up with some unique looks.

- - - - - - - - -

I was working on a tutorial (click HERE for "how to" -- 1st and 3rd posts) and came up with variation to illustrate a teaching point ("Double your pleasure, double your fun...")

Attached Files

Comment

I agree with all the comments, alott of great stuff. It still amazes me how many different variations to one subject you can have.

Danny love your comments on Kens as well as your pic.

Phyliss hides in the background and hits us with three, whic are all great but I thoink I like no 2 the best.

Hey guys did you ever think that our forum is like a head doctor.
                  When your down and feeling bad come here we will pick you up with fun things to do.

Comment

Here's my try

1. with Color Range, Lasso and Magic Wand, I've selected four parts (sky, mountains, water and boat) and put them on different layers.

2. on the sky layer : used Adjustment layers to get the color and contrast : Hue/Saturation, Levels, Brightness/Contrast.

3. on the mountains : just Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.

4. on the water layer : dup layer + Anisotropic ; dup this layer + Dry Brush ; Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.

5. on the boat layer : dup layer + Solarize ; dup this layer + Chalk & Charcoal.

6. flattened image.

7. added Levels and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers on top of all that to get a bit more contrast.

I'm kind of satisfied with this one. Hope you like it too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The same pic with

one of Mike's frames
                      Attached Files

Comment

Forgot the Blend modes.

And it makes quite a difference. So here they are :

1. with Color Range, Lasso and Magic Wand, I've selected four parts (sky, mountains, water and boat) and put them on different layers.

2. on the sky layer (blend mode - Normal) : used Adjustment layers to get the color and contrast : Hue/Saturation, Levels, Brightness/Contrast.

3. on the mountains (blend mode - Normal) : just Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.

4. on the water layer (blend mode - Normal) : dup layer + Anisotropic (blend mode - Normal) ; dup this layer + Dry Brush (blend mode - Color Dodge at 57%) ; Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.

5. on the boat layer : dup layer + Solarize (blend mode - Overlay at 50%) ; dup this layer + Chalk & Charcoal (blend mode - Color Burn at 50%).

6. flattened image.

7. added Levels and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers on top of all that to get a bit more contrast.

Hi, Andrew. I like the colors, too. As for the filters, I had used Anisotropic + Dry Brush on water before but the combination that surprised me is the Solarize filter (that I never had used before) plus the Chalk & Charcoal filter. They give more volume to the boat. I was trying lot's of things and got lucky with this one.

Comment

Where's that darn lighthouse when you need it????

This started out to be a watercolor, but it went terribly, terribly wrong. So I ended up with our little boat out at sea in a bad storm.

Great submissions from everyone! Great mini-challenge!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just totally experimenting with Mike Finn's newest action toy, DigiDoodle (available FREE HERE) and Edger from the same action set.

This is more fun than finger painting!

~Danny~
                            Attached Files

Comment

A watercolor for a water picture . . .

Adjusted levels to brighten the image
                              Mike Finn's Hydro action
                              added solid color adjustment layer & painted with wet brush
                              add texture

Patricia
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X