Creative interpretations: Flowers - Wallflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Flowers - Wallflowers

I wish you guys could smell these as well as see them. They are really quite fragrant, as well as lovely to look at.
    Attached Files

A nice card to send back to the relatives who are still shoveling snow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacknight; 03-30-2003, 05:05 PM.

Comment

These looked like they'd be fun to play with. On this first image, I played almost entirely with layer modes, with a slight addition of texture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's another view. I don't know quite what to call this. One layer had some brush strokes on it, the rest was mostly playing with layer blend modes.
        Attached Files

Comment

BK, love your card...well done!

Tyeise, both of yours look like fabric prints...very nice!

Here's my first try at it. First I cropped and enlarged to concentrate on fewer flowers.

Phyllis
          Attached Files

Comment

This one is more scribbly.

Phyllis
            Attached Files

Comment

And last, here's a watercolor.

Phyllis
              Attached Files

Comment

What kind of flowers are these? They're gorgeous!!!

Excellent entries thusfar. All winners!

No matter what I tried, these really wanted to be chalk flowers drawn on a blackboard. Who am I to stand in the way? Far be it from me to stifle the awesome power of the flower.
                Attached Files

Comment

Amanda, wow...you really did achieve the "colored chalk on blackboard" look! Great job!

I used to have wallflowers in my garden...came up for a few springs then one year they were just gone for good. I even tried planting new seeds twice...still no wallflowers. I miss them...they were such a beautiful schoolbus yellow and gold, and smelled good too. Sigh.

Anyway...here's an embroidery.

Phyllis
                  Attached Files

Comment

And I really like the delicate look of this one. Started with accented edges followed by outline method, followed by anisotropic diffuse and sharpening, then finally KPT6 equalizer (don't know how I lived without that amazing filter).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Phyllis, beautiful work as always. How did you acheive that interesting texture on the leaves of your first one?

Amanda, I like how you placed the flowers in the corner over your artistic version.

Tyeise

Comment

So they really are called wallflowers? I thought BK was being witty.

I wonder if they'll grow down here...

Comment

Originally posted by themanda
                          So they really are called wallflowers? I thought BK was being witty.

I wonder if they'll grow down here...
                          Oh no - I don't do witty.

I'm surprised that wallflowers didn't do well for ANYONE, as they are almost in the weed category as far as hardiness goes. They get little green-bean-like seed pods on them after their first profusion of blooming, and if you trim those off (and throw them in some dirt after they have dried) they bloom again and again. I'm sure they'd grow in Texas if they grow here in the Northwest. Seem to like sun.

Comment

Hi Folks
                            Really GREAT entries so far..Very nice flowers to work with..Here is a tinted sketch with some hand masked highlights..Thought it kind of looks like wallpaper..

Jerry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Phil:

Wonderful pic for this mini. The "Whidby Postcard" is a WHOLE LOT better that one would find at the North Bend Safeway, that's for sure!

- - - - - - - -
                              Phyllis:

Your watercolor treatment is very impressive. If you have time would you detail the technique? I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

- - - - - - - -
                              Amanda:

The combination of edge treatment + distinct foreground / background flowers is very effective

- - - - - - - -
                              Chuck:

Especially nice results of AHB + Trimoon's texture. Can you give some detail on brush selection / settings, AHB settings. Very nice.

~Danny~

Comment

Working...
                              X