No announcement yet.

Newbie to forum with artistic piccy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to forum with artistic piccy...

This is a Very small section from a 100Mb file, photo to artistic (type??, watercolour maybe) from a picture from FreeStockPhotos.com.

See what you think..
    Attached Files

Looks good. The style goes very well with the subject.

Comment

Thank you. I had some problems with the distant mountains in the top left (of the big piccy) being the same as the foregorund style - i eventually did a gradient selection of the mounts, and some mid ground trees, and then ran 'dust & scratches about 8 pixels over the selection - bingo!, a lovely graduated light-soften and blur (of 'art' texture).

I'll post the relevant area...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Fluff...

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.

Share a bit, if you would, how you created these (Photoshop? Painter? Filters? etc.)

Look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future. Try some of the mini-challenges in the other forums, too. Looks like you've got the knack for this kind of thing.

~DannyR~

Comment

Welcome to RetouchPro, very nice piccys, the mountains look fine to me. I too would love to know how you did it.

Comment

It was depressingly simple -

I used a self designed Paint Engine preset, then median, then another self designed Paint Engine preset, then the gradient-selection 'dust & scratches'.

Setting99=Cottonball Hvy;1,1,0,0,0,4,4294967255,4294967264,17,2,100,374,42,86,6,-4,-11,0,7,3

Median 4 (or 6 or 8, it depends on how much little detail is needed to lose from 'Cottonball')

Setting98=??

<oh damn, I've forgotten what the 2nd one was called.. I'll try remember..>

dust & scratches 10 20

Tada!!

Comment

Love the texture of the pic Fluff.

Comment

Working...
              X