No Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Doors

Several distractions on this cobble stone street. Have fun.

E.B.
    Attached Files

It IS a fun photo to work with. I did two. The first is a brightened happy color sketch to make the area look upscale. I'm pretty happy with this, but I did one crucial step that I can't remember and compression has made it lose sharpness.
    Attached Files

Comment

The second is just another practice run on a black and white. This didn't have quite as much contrast available to work with as I first thought, so it was a challenge. After I get back in town next week I will put up some thoughts on black and white.

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

E.B. - another fun picture to 'play' with - thanks.
        Bill M ... I like both your versions, especially the sketch..
        On your BW version ...Is the action you used for the frame one you developed? It really adds the extra something to your BW renditions.
        here's my first of what will probably be at least two ....
        Bill C
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Bill. Very nice rendition of your's there, too. Yes, the frame border really makes a difference in presenting a black and white, probably because there is so much white in the image that it looks too flat against a white background. Plus every real life framed BW image you see seems to use a white matte with black frame. As a rule, I don't use frames online, because they eat up kilobytes of the alloted 100, but I think it's necessary here. I did write a simple action just expanding the canvas by 8 percent wide and 12 percent high, making a tiny selection around the edge for the frame, and adding a canned simple layer style.
          Warm regards, Bill

Comment

Bill - Thanks for the reply. Here is my second version - also a BW, but a much different technique.
            Regards,
            Bill C
            Attached Files

Comment

Both the black and whites are great in different ways.

I did one but left it color. Did some paint filters, notepad, and then added a texture using Tyesie's (sp) noise technique.
              Attached Files

Comment

The more I looked at mine, the more it looked like an old picture so I went back and added sepia to it. I like it better this way.
                Attached Files

Comment

e.b.west .....Thanks for such great pixs to play with....

There's mine....
                  Attached Files

Comment

E. B. -- great texture! I want to rub my fingers over it!

Gold -- very nice soft oil look

Comment

Bill M, your sketch is just wonderful! And the b/w one looks like it was taken sixty years ago...very nice.

Bill C, I love how you “melted” the town! Awesome! What program/technique did you use to do that? And I also like your silvery line art...has a metallic feel.

EB, great texture! I especially like the sepia tone one.

Goldcoin, that’s cool...looks like a painting hanging on a waiting room office...you should go into the biz.

I tried another variation on my tired old abstract method, trying to get new looks from it. I kind of like the result.

Phyllis
                      Attached Files

Comment

my try

Hello, here is my version of this beauty ...i used non isotropic filter, and dry brush after i cropped a little , than used solarization and added the moon, after given the same filters to it

hope you like it ..

regards, Nina
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nina

How unusual, from day into night..... your noon added just the right touch.... very very nice!

Comment

Working...
                          X