Looking for a tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a tutorial

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial that would help me do a Monet type painting. I have Elements 2 and a PC so Studio Artist (I think) wouldn't work for me like this thread:

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...&threadid=5748

Besides, I'd like to learn how to do it on my own, if possible.

Thanks,
    E.B.
    Last edited by e.b.west; 05-12-2003, 02:23 PM.

This is a pretty good one... Though written for Photoshop, looks like it would work in Elements (for the most part).

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/painted3/painted3.htm

Does Elements have the Liquify Tool? That's the only one I spotted for which you might need a workaround.

Also, you'd have to use the process described in Richard Lynch's book, Hidden Powers of PSE for the layer mask.

~Danny~
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 05-12-2003, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Thansk, I'll give it a try.

For future reference, Elements does have liquify.

And I have the book too.

Now, if I only knew what I was doing

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dpnew
        "Blend If" in Elements 2
        by dpnew
        Blend If techniques in Photoshop Elements 2

view here

If someone who uses Elements 1 can try the tutorial and tell me if it works for that version, I'll change the title. I think it should, but I didn't have access to Elements 1 to test it out.
        02-11-2004, 02:13 PM
      • xxpaperdollxx
        Hmm.
        by xxpaperdollxx
        I have Photoshop Elements, but I'm not sure what I'm lacking from the full version of Photoshop. A lot of the people on this board use a whole bunch of editing styles (I've seen the word 'curve' used before), and I don't know what to do.

Have I missed a major tutorial? I feel so lost...
        04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
      • humblejohn
        newb needs help on elements books
        by humblejohn
        i am a newbie and just bought canon 300d. i have elements 2 which came with the camera. i am wondering if i should buy lynch's book- elements 3 since it may not be that much different than 2 so that if i later upgrade to 3 i am ahead. in addition, should i acquire eismann's-Photoshop restoration...
        01-04-2005, 09:52 PM
      • geomouchet
        What's the deal with Photoshop Elements 4?
        by geomouchet
        I have Elements 2 and HPPE2. I'm considering upgrading to Elements 4 and don't see an HPPE version for it. Will HPPE3 work with Elements 4?

I read the reviews of Elements 4 on Amazon. Is it really that bad? The tool to select the background sounds really useful. I've found it very...
        11-06-2005, 11:26 AM
      • mkh
        Convince me
        by mkh
        OK, first some history.

I've been out of photography for quite a few years after having my own darkroom when I was in highschool in the '70s. Now I've gotten the digital bug and I have a Fuji Finepix and plan on getting a DSLR next year. I would like to get serious about this as a hobby...
        12-06-2003, 05:35 PM
      Working...
      X