Creative interpretations: Pasture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Pasture

Here's a scene that I have tried to do something with and I can't seem to get what I want. Of course the problem is that I don't know what I want.

See what you guys can do with it.

E.B.
    Attached Files

I started to try black/white, but ended up playing with the color of the light hitting the different parts of the pasture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh WOW CJ! That is awesome! Now I'm almost embarrassed to post mine.

I was trying to play with the light as well, but leave it more as a traditional photo. First I cropped it to make it more of a panoramic, then added a different sky that I have in my "sky collection." Increased the contrast by copying the green channel to a new layer and setting the blending mode to luminosity with opacity 50%. Added another layer in overlay mode and played with dodge & burn on the highlights and shadows. Finished it with a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to adjust everything to my liking.

Jeanie
      Attached Files

Comment

E.B. - nice picture, thanks for sharing.
        CJ - very dramatic - I like the lighting and texture.
        Here's mine
        Duped the layer
        Top layer - ran Apply Image ... with the mask button checked ... then selected blue channel, difference, gray channel
        Then I changed the blend mode on top layer to Multiply
        Flattened
        Bill C
        Attached Files

Comment

Jeanie, CJ, BillC

Would one of you adopt me so I could watch you do this stuff.

All three of those renditions are great.

E.B.

Comment

Did a couple of versions of this. Plain old clouds filter for the bland sky, and the NEW command/option/tilde thing (cool - thanks, stay-at-home mom!!) on a layer set to vivid light. Sharpen and hue/sat to taste.
            Attached Files

Comment

The other version.

Whoever guesses what filter I used wins a prize!
              Attached Files

Comment

Jeanie - wow! Nice work
                BK - also, a wow! great colors...(could you provide a link/hint on the 'tilde' thing?)
                My guess on the filter ... begins with an A! (of course!)
                Regards,
                Bill C

Comment

e.b.--thanks for posting such a great pic. it almost looked like a painting already!

cj--that's gorgeous! such a soft, pretty look. love the self-framing on it, too. great job!

jeaniesa--i'm so glad you did post this. it's wonderful!!!

BillC--wow! i love how you balanced the light and the dark in this one. terrific!

my man BK--look at you all down with the Anistropic filter.
                  (where's my prize????? cash is always nice.) I like both of your versions...very well done!!!

fishboy--you most certainly are good at other things besides plants and animals. great work!

chuck--I love it!

Mine is just a quickie done with Paint Engine. I added a few friends for our distant horsie. He looked lonely.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Isn't everyone having a great time with this image!! Thanks again, e.b.!!

Jeanie -- "Awesome" right back at you! What a wonderful panoramic view!

BillC - love the night view, and it makes good use of the detail-less sky area -- smart and good-looking!

BK - vivid reproductions - good use of the Luminescence mask!

Fishboy -- obviously, your skills work on landscapes as well as fish; love that magenta sky. We get those here often.

Chuck - love those clouds! Make it bigger!

Amanda -- I'm SO glad he's got friends now - what a beautiful pastoral scene!

Comment

Yes, a lot of very creative, wonderful renditions.
                      Here's my 2nd ... having too much fun in the digital darkroom. (and, way too much time)
                      Bill C
                      Attached Files

Comment

BillC!!! Loving it!!

I usually don't like water added to photos, but this really, really works for me. Well done!!!

Comment

pasture

I really liked this picture when I saw it. Bill and I must have been working on the same idea at the same time as far as changing the dirt in the fore ground. I added blue bells.
                          All the submissions are great.
                          Took a picture of blue bells from the web and dup it a bunch of times. Worked the bightness and contrast. Used dry brush and plaster filters.

Jean
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by themanda
                            BK--where's my prize????? cash is always nice.

*hands her a box of crackerjax*

Your prize is inside...

Comment

Wow, so many great efforts...changes in light and color can make so much difference, can't they? Lots of good work here, but a few really caught my eye: CJ, the lighting is absolutely perfect! This is a wonderful bit of photo art! Jeanie, the panorama is a great idea and turned out really well! Amanda I love the ponies you added...perfect touch! Chuck, that's a great painting and the added clouds add extra oomph...great job!

Phyllis

Comment

Working...
                              X