Pouting girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pouting girl

I took this one during Sunday School for the 2-3 year olds. The little girl is never without her sippy cup! Enjoy!!

bubba
    Attached Files

Just a quick and dirty vignette in PSP.

bubba
    Attached Files

Comment

Bubba - nice picture. I did something similar to you with the vignette. I blurred, took away some color ... painted back some detail and color in the eyes and lips.
      Regards,
      Bill C
      Attached Files

Comment

Gee Fishboy, you almost hurt my feelings I have to admit, yours is more 'art', and mine was more straight 'retouching'! Guess I'll have to go back and pour some plastic over it!
        Have a nice night.
        Regards,
        Bill C

Comment

BillC - that is as purty as a speckled pup!
          ugot2bkdng - sippy cup: stole from brother
          teddy bear: stole from JT next to her
          camera: $1300
          "fair to midlin" photographer: free (we Baptists are cheap!)
          Expression - priceless!

fishboy - different to say the least (and she can be a little demon)

bubba

Comment

Bill - I like yours very much...It might not be "artsy" but it is an effective image. The soft focus works very well for this image.

Fishboy - The look on her face in the "evil" version is great!

Comment

What a PRICELESS image !!!! Agreed in full -- she is just a sweety --- Don't take my cup --- and the bear is out of bounds also !!!!

As a mom I have seen that look a million times!

Chuck - that never gets old for me -- Ha Ha Ha -- and with her face priceless is the word !

Bubba - vignette is perfect for this image.

Bill C. - soft! very nice. My cup, My cup!

fishboy - colorful to say the least.

I went for a kinda color pencil look --- still working onthis style
              Attached Files

Comment

Jean - I love the colors! You really bring out the pout!
                Jill - wonderful texture and soft colors - nice job.
                Chuck, Bubba, G. Couch - thanks.
                Bubba - no offense on this pic ... I had to do one with the girl giving Fishboy the evil eye!
                Bill C
                Attached Files

Comment

Bubba what a beautiful little girl. She is priceless!

I tried a painting with the smudge brush and added an emboss filter and sandstone. Added just a little color around the top edge.

jean
                  Attached Files

Comment

Fishboy .... excellent guess! Actually, I duped the layer ... ran an Infrared action on the bottom layer, changed blend mode on top layer to vivid light (?) and then erased thru with reduced opacity on the eyes!
                    Bill C

Comment

Bubba's back with a vengence. Where do you find all these cute little kids??

Bubba--Nice isolation of the subject.

BillC--I really like this. So soft and delicate, just like a little girl with silky hair should be.

Fishboy--Lots of color, for sure. Couldn't miss any one of those!

Jill--This looks like an old baby food label, or something. I really like the texture you got without sacrificing too much of the image integrity.

BillC--don't let her Momma see that!!! You'll have to pick yer own switch from the tree

Jean--I likey likey!! Nice!

Mine is my old stand by. Not terribly original, but I like it nonetheless.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Amanda ...yes, very nice, as usual...
                        Jill ... nice effect with effie (perhaps the clue is cutting it back for portraits..nice job)... I really like your last one (the colored one) ... nice lighting and texture.
                        Here's another one .. just a sketch-type..
                        Bill C
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bubba, great shot, what a beautiful little girl.
                          Bill C, I think all of your renditions are great, although I'm partial to the first one with a soft look for such a pretty little girl
                          Fishboy, how colorful!
                          Jill, wonderful colors and texture and effie!
                          Jean,Amanda love those smudges, I really need to practice that effect.

Wow, I always find commenting on all the different versions so difficult. Especially when there are so many talented people here. I feel like I am always repeating myself.

Anyways, I tried to give a Kim Anderson look to the photo with just a hint of color.

Lisa
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TwinbNJ
                            And yes I do feel sometimes that I just do not qualify to offer opppinions on other work -- The talent of this group makes me just want to say the same thing.
                            You're just as qualified as anyone else! We're all here for (mostly) the same reasons...we like doing this. It's fun. We're trying to learn more about our own artistic bones and the programs we use to do what we do.

I think we all have a few gimmicks that we're individually really good at, and a whole bag full of ones we're working on. That's part of the fun.

This site should be supported and plugged *often*. It's a great place just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishboy
                              If you like all of the MONEY talk, make it a pay site.
                              Fishboy, I may be missing some history here so please forgive me if I'm outta line. I have seen a couple of posts about donations asking for support of this site, but so far I can't say I've been overwhelmed with them. I have no problem, with people stating how much they donate, I think it helps people like me, who are new to the site, guage what an average donation would be. I am a member of NAPP and I think this site offers just as much if not more information to its members. I would hate to see the site become a pay site because I think it would keep the casual users who may not post everyday, but still have a lot to share out. I've feel like I received so much more from this board than I will ever be able to offer, so if that means dealing with a few messages and reminders to support this site, I'm all for it.

Just my $0.02

-Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X