Sad news - the passing of Jim Caffrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news - the passing of Jim Caffrey

I just got an e-mail from Jim's son, Chris. Jim passed away in April.

Jim was one of the early supporters of this forum and crafted this fine tutorial on the Art History Brush.

http://www.retouchpro.com/tutorials/...ory/index.html

To say he was a class act would be a huge understatement. His creativity and sharing of techniques set the standard for this forum, a standard I hope we can soon return to.

I didn't share this to bring anyone down. If there's a message, it's enjoy every single moment of every single day.

~Danny~

He was very generous with the sharing of his knowledge, and was always a gentleman in his actions in this forum.

My condolences to his family and to his friends - here and elsewhere.

Comment

My heart goes out to Jim's family and friends. I pray God will sustain them during this time of great sorrow. Jim was a wonderful and talented man, he will be sorely missed.

Wanda

Comment

I was afraid something like that had happened when he suddenly stopped posting. I always greatly admired his work, and miss seeing new pieces from him.

Comment

Jim was a great asset to this community. I will really miss his participation and inspiration.

Danny, if you haven't already, can you please let Jim's son know that we at RP will miss him greatly and send our condolences to his family.

Jeanie

Comment

Sad news indeed, Jim was always a perfect gentleman and a tremendous talent. I admired him and enjoyed his talent. I feel I've lost a a real friend.

Comment

I didn't know Jim, but I have used his tutorials before.

Please pass on my condolences to his family if you can.

Comment

Jim was a very kind person and will be missed...I think he brought a lot of smiles to a great many faces in his time here.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about Jim's passing. What sad news, and a terrible loss.

I'll just assume he's up there Photoshopping the flowers growing in Heaven's fields....

Comment

The reply I got from Jim's son, Chris, was in response to an e-mail I sent to Jim a couple weeks ago. I don't know how often Chris is checking Jim's e-mail account.

In my reply to Chris I sent him a link to Jim's Art History Brush tutorial (in case he hadn't seen it) and "condolences from the RetouchPRO family."

Comment

They say the good die young. I don't know how old Jim was, but I don't think he was very old. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Ed

Comment

Wow, I feel like I've been so out of touch lately. I just stopped by before my computer get's put into storage and I read this news. Jim was there when ever you needed help and was the type of person that personified what this site is all about. I'll miss his friendly personality and helpful hints. To Jim's family I send my deepest sympathy for their profound loss.
                        DJ

Comment

Thanks for passing on our comdolences Danny. I'm sure it will mean a lot to his family.

Comment

Jim's typed words, photographs and contributions were the only link that many of us knew him by and it's apparent that he was a class individual. The loss on a personal level must be quite difficult indeed. I extend my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Comment

The world has lost a very talented man--a gentleman. I am sure he'll be greatly missed by his family. I know I will miss seeing his wonderful work here.

Phyllis

Comment

Working...
                              X