FlyBall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyBall

I scanned this pic for a friend and thought it would be a nice challenge. The focus is out so much that I am not sure it can be brought back in - BUT - I thought it might make for cannon fodder for watercolor and oil painting challenges. Do to it what you wish - have fun.

bubba
    Attached Files

Thanks Bubba for this image. It's a good candidate for impressionist oil painting.
    I used Painter 8, Gouache brush, texture from image luminance.

Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

This interpretation is based on taking the results of two tutorials and blending them together.

The basis for this was generated using Tutorial #10 from the Photo-art 101 forum. I'm finding that using a very low opacity for the Art History Brush (35% or so) and applying strokes to different layers using brushes with different settings seems to be yielding more of a

Then I applied a tutorial-in-progress (written by member CherylH and to be posted soon) on the original image, flattened the results and copied that layer into the first image. Using a layer mask enabled me to reveal what I thought were favorable characteristics from that layer as well.

This kid needed "something to catch," so I headed over to eBay.com, searched on "baseball" and found a suitable image. Cropped, sized and cleaned up the baseball. Then positioned, rotated, and adjusted opacity on a couple duplicated layers to get the out-of-place, but fun-to-do flight of the ball effect.

Great pic, Bubba. In a few years my son will (hopefully) be catching fly balls in the backyard.

~DannyR~
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice painting job, Tony. How do you like Painter 8? I'm still with 7 and hesitate to get the upgrade.

Danny, your image makes me think of... I don't know what (at 50, I often know that there's something in there but just can't find it anymore) but I like a lot. Special look. Nice work.

Comment

Sketchy action, faded, flattened - smart blur, and just a tad of crosshatch to get rid of the original horizontal lines. Hue/sat to taste - serve warm!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X