Scenic shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenic shot

Another one from Three Rivers, CA. I've had lots of fun playing with this one and wanted to share and see what others come up with.
    Attached Files

Cheryl -- thanks for letting us work on your image -- nice shot with different elements to play with -- foliage, water, sky, rocks...

Just adjusted the color ranges and added a bit of Cutout over an adjusted layer.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mauler...

You may have answered this before, but what filters are you using and what brushes? Is this in PS or another program?

I think the first one is the nicest, for what it's worth.

E.B.

Comment

Cheryl

I just had fun, I used the reflected part and then added the sun and birds - painted/liquified/adjusted until I liked it. It is hard to describe the steps when it is more of a painting thought process. Anyway, I just wanted to see how different I could make it look using the reflection.

Roger
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's my addition to this. I love water in nature, it's just beautiful to me, especially small streams or rivers. I don't really remember what I did to this image beacause there were a lot of control alt z's and merge's and going back and forth in the history, but first i played with the color balance a little, then i believe i used the paint daub, palette knife, rough pastel, and cross hatch filters in some order with various blend modes and opacities. Sorry, that's about as specific as I could get. For the edge I thought it'd go with a darker border, so I found a dark reddish brown, and for the edge i did a lasso>feather, then used the displacement filter with one of adobe's textures. Hope you enjoy.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by okplayer; 08-11-2003, 09:07 PM.

Comment

ok

Let me be the first to say - That is Cool

I love the fact that you have the different colors cleanly different and there placement works as part of the composition.

Comment

Roger--the birds were a nice touch. You had me going back to the original to figure out why I hadn't noticed them The rays of the rising/setting sun give it a nice feeling.

okplayer--I like the painted effect you gave it. The subdued tones are very attractive. I like the subtle texture in the image--particulary the bushes on the left side.

Comment

How about a colour pencil & wash style?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cheryl! I think your picture was gr8 to begin with! Sometimes over-doing it and adding silly filters can ruin a shot.

All I did was add some saturation, added a few highlights and played with the levels and VOILA!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...pa206817wb.jpg

Comment

Welcome Duchess i agree great shot I dont think i improve a image with silly filters but change it and have fun in the process

Palms
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like silly filters.

Thanks for the fantastic capture (and your marvelous Impressionist presets, though I didn't use Impressionist this time) Cheryl.

High quality version here hosted by ImageShack.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hard to beat trees, rocks, and water for a placid scene.

Steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tried to ruin great image in PS SC2 (Combination of sharpening, blur & accented edges).

Pavel
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great photo and results from everyone, a pleasure to view thank you.

This is a mixture of Lucis Art/Impressionist/Paint Alchemy plugins. What a mix
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just some posterization and texture. HSB AJ to shift the colors toward spring greens.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X