Playing with Fractals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with Fractals

Is there any use in Fractals for our painting bits and pieces?

Maybe as overlays or masks, or even colour overlays?

Check out some of these...

http://www.southwest.com.au/~bayton/thumbnails3.html
    http://www.southwest.com.au/~bayton/thumbnails4.html

Fluffbutt:
    I do like fractals and you bring up an interesting point. I looked at the one called "Genetic Tampering, editing our future" and thought why not modify it. With the little circles cut them out and place a persons history in there. Example start at the upper right and show a fetus (kind of like in the movie 2001) and work thru a life cycle to a funeral.

A questions is there software that produces fractal images and if so where can you get it? Also is there a way to control the amount of busyness in a fractal in most fractals they seem really all over the place like a kaleidoscope.

Thanks
    Bob Spencer

Comment

hi bob,

concerning fractals : make a search for fractal generators and you'll find plenty. There are even some free about

gina

Comment

Originally posted by rlspencer1
        Fluffbutt:
        I do like fractals and you bring up an interesting point. I looked at the one called "Genetic Tampering, editing our future" and thought why not modify it. With the little circles cut them out and place a persons history in there. Example start at the upper right and show a fetus (kind of like in the movie 2001) and work thru a life cycle to a funeral.

A questions is there software that produces fractal images and if so where can you get it? Also is there a way to control the amount of busyness in a fractal in most fractals they seem really all over the place like a kaleidoscope.

Thanks
        Bob Spencer
        YUP - go here

http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/binary/34/index.html
        http://members.fortunecity.com/aando/index.html

to get a freeware Fractal Explorer it's brilliant!!

yes - edit the formula (if you don't know 4 dimensional match (and who does really) just PLAY!!), and lower the 'iterations' (it's depth really).

Comment

Also note that by their nature fractals are recursive - very much like a kaleidoscope.

In fact a true fractal really goes down forever cycling itself over and over. Just look at the default Mandelbrot, look to the left a bit then zoom in - oooh another Mandebrot inside the first.. and so on, until the limits of OUR math (not the fractal).

Comment

Fluffbutt and Gina:
            Thank you both for the fractal generators sites. Fluffbutt, I guess you can see I can only count to 100, math just escapes me but thanks for the explanation on fractals.
            Thanks
            Bob

Comment