Creative interpretations: Sunflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Sunflower

I've been busy lately (grade 12 + work = no free time...) but I managed to get out and test my digital camera some more now that I've got my new 256MB card for it, and cought this photo I like of a wasp (or bee, not really sure). have fun with it!

- David
    Attached Files

here's my quick attempt at some photo art, which just conisisted of filters: Paint daubs, Diffuse (anisotropic) and then Polar Coordinates which was actually an accident but did something that looked kinda interesting and wierd to it so I just left it as is..
    Attached Files

Comment

Doug--interesting effect. As a math teacher, I'm going to have to play with polar coordinates. I hope you're enoying your new camera--digital is great fun.

I went with several layers of customized impressionist presets topped by sketch layers and a texture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dave:

Nice of you to pop in. Always enjoy your creations. Thanks for an interesting image to work with.

- - - - - -
        Don:

An inspiring combination of effects. "Thick paint" effectively achieved.

- - - - - -
        CH:

I think I could spend the next couple years experimenting with Impressionist. Your creativity the past few months has exploded.

- - - - - -
        Mine...

A layer of Colored Pencil blended with a layer of Smart Blur/Edge Only + Diffuse > Ansiotropic + Hue/Saturation + Levels... then an isolated piece of the original image copied/pasted onto a separate layer to which the drop shadow was applied.

~Danny~
        Attached Files

Comment

Don--nice effect. I've been watching you (and a few others) use those nik filters with great results. When I went to the website, I was overwhelmed with the number of choices. Which sets would you recommend?

Danny--I like the light, bright colors you got out of this. It's the feeling a sunflower should have. The rectangle you enlarged was a neat effect and really worked well with this image--I think it gave it quite a bit more oomph.

Comment

Cheryl:

First class! One of the nicest impressionistic treatments that I have seen! Very well done.

Comment

Don--thanks for the suggestions

Toad-- Thanks--I've been having tons of fun with this filter.

Comment

Working...
              X