Creative interpretations: Autumn Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Autumn Leaves

It's getting to be that time of year again...
    Attached Files

Great picture, Danny.

I decided to take a more photographic approach with this one.

* Recolored using color-mixer layer to darken sky and lighten tree
    * Used a selection to turn foilage of tree more autumn colored
    * Performed Sumi-e on sky to give it that stormy feel

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Files

Comment

Danny:
      I have been learning about the filter>distort>spherize command today. So I decided to put a scene within a scene. I am not sure which world is real or maybe both are especially in photography. Anyway this is my contribution.
      Thanks
      Bob Spencer
      Attached Files

Comment

Bob:

I'd say you're learning your lessons, well. Very creative.

- - - - -

Jeff:

FINALLY! A use for Sumi-e that I actually like! (That filter ususally does more harm than good IMO.) Nice integration of the effect with the pic.

- - - - -

This was created using a method based on steps described in the October/November NAPP supplement describing how to use the new Filter Gallery feature in Photoshop CS.

I've created an action that can be found here.
        http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...1158#post61158

~Danny~
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-14-2003, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Danny, nice oil effect. One of these days I'll have to get PS so I can use actions. By the way, to actions work with Elements? (I am using PSP7).

As for Sumi-e, I like the effect if the lines work with the composition; it creates a cool contrast. In this case, the lines help to direct the viewer's eyes toward the mountain, which directs the eye toward the tree. It works!

-Jeff

Comment

This is a beautiful shot! Lots of fun to play with.

jch--The way you darkened the sky really brought out the richness of the foreground colors.

Bob--totally cool effect! I like it.

Danny--it does look painted. Is the texture part of the action or do you choose your own?
            [If by texture you mean the pseudo-canvas, that's an optional layer applied by the action using the Texturizer filter with canvas option. - Danny]

I call this mixed bag. It's primarily a color layer topped by a sketch layer. With a hue/saturation layer on top for minor adjustment at the end.

For the color layer, I started with the impressionist plug-in and my crackled paint preset. The I used fantastic machine's bad brush and faded 65%

For the sketch layer, I started with buzz's simplifier and edges mono. Then impressionist crackled paint followed by fantastic machine's borg. Both were faded 65% as I went along. Impressionist puts a little color into the sketch layer so I desaturated and adjusted the brightness and contrast slightly. I used overlay for the blending mode.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-15-2003, 08:14 PM.

Comment

This photo is so lovely as is! I decided to go for a more brightened shot by removing some color cast and adding detail especially on the tree. It's hard to see unless you compare the 2 photos.

I just love the colors in this pic!

Blu

http://whynotme.free.fr/LidoBlu/autu...-ci%20copy.jpg

Comment

Blu--what an excellent reminder that sometimes all an image needs is a little touch-up on the colors and that trying to "artify" it can't improve on the original. The little extra oomph you gave the colors is just the right touch.

Comment

Working...
                X