Creative interpretations: Milan Trolley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Milan Trolley

Don't you think it's ironic that this trolley is running "Under Windows" (see pic)?

Have fun with this one.

- - - - -

~Danny~
    Attached Files

I used Fantastic Machine's shareware plugin "Paint Engine" on this image. See the following thread for a lot more info on PE (as it's frequently known).

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2972

In the thread are several custom presets that can be added to the PE .ini. I applied one called "0Wetter" four times, then used the smudge tool to smear the MSFT logo and text a bit more.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice picture, good humor, and nice rendition Danny.

I threw everything at this: Median filter, Edge-preserving smooth, etc. Kinda a watercolor look.

-Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Danny and Jeff--you've both achieved a nice wet-watercolor look that I like. I can see I'm going to be loading some new presets into paint engine.

This is made of 2 layers--a color layer topped by a sketch layer.

For the color layer, I started with Buzz (simplifier 1 remove 100, brightness and contrast around 20 each, simplifier 2 remove 50), then used a custom impressionist setting I call detailed rough texture and finished with paint engine's curve brush faded 65%.

For the sketch layer I started with Buzz's sketch 1 stack (reduced remove to 100 and lowered contrast slightly), then ran distort-glass, and sprayed strokes. Adjusted the brightness and contrast to around 20 each. Selected a white area of the sketch layer and cut it. then when to threshold and adjusted the slider to get rid of the remaining white blotches. Then adjusted the blending mode.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well I thought the trolley would be a good way to go shopping/partying at night so I have made mine a neon trolley.
          I did the following:
          1. Increased contrast and did some color adjustment.
          2. Diffuse Glow 5.0.16
          3. Glowing Edges 3.6.6
          4. The went to work cloning out what wasn;t right.
          5. Added render light flare for Head lights
          6. Did a little air brushing on the Microsoft neon sign.
          All of you have a nice holiday.
          Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X