Creative interpretations: Alley in Crete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Alley in Crete

This looked like an interesting subject for your unbounded creativity.

Photo courtesy of J. Misztal.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

I like this kind of image...

...Evokes dreams of faraway places and all that stuff with just a hint of romance :-)

This is my first post here so errors and mistakes excepted, here's my interpretation. Done with Easy_Draw action and a sandstone texture at the end.

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~ac.../Easy-Draw.jpg

MikeF
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-08-2003, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Easy Draw

That looks really good - could you explain a bit more about easy-draw I haven't come across this before.

Christine

Comment

Crete Alley

Ran this through several of photobrushes options and liked this one.

PB options used :-

Old Colourize.
        Fine Watercolour
        Aged Photo.

Christine
        Attached Files

Comment

Easy-Draw is one of MANY Mike Finn created actions, many of which are available for no charge.

Personally I believe Mike creates the most creative, innovative photo-art actions on the planet. Really.

Check 'em out here:
          http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/effie.html

~Danny~

Comment

Rotated slightly, cloned out vertical wire, adjusted perspective and cropped. Ran through neat image to remove some of the artifacting. Ran Screen Mask Shadow Adjust action twice to bring out more of alley. Then ran Pixel Painter. Finished up with Sandstone texture.

Mike, always nice to see your interpretations. Very nice result. I had a bit of trouble getting this result down to 100K at reasonable quality. I probably should have used a link like you did.

Catia
            Attached Files
            Last edited by catia; 12-08-2003, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Mike:

It's a honor to have you join us. Consider this a second home. You and your creations will always be welcome.

- - - - - -
              Catia:

Very nice interpretation. Textures bring out the essence.

- - - - - -
              Christine:

I've always liked Photobrush. It's "not the same effects as Photoshop" can be put to creative use, like you've done here.

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks Danny. They also hide artifacts.

Catia

Comment

Thanks Danny

for the comment and the link to Mike's site. I'm at work at the moment but will look at it properly when I get home. Always like to try new techniques and software.

As for PhotoBrush - if only it was a PS plugin - it's lack of layers is the biggest drawback to using it.

Christine

Comment

Thanks Danny....

...and Xaran for the kind words. It seems like a nice place around here.

Catia..... The 100k limit on posting sure had me fooled :-)

MikeF

Comment

This was a fun image to work with.

Mike--looks like you have another winner on your hands. The results from your latest action are great!

Xaran--the aged look suits the photo well.

C--I see why you like that treatment--it suits most photos--this on included.

This is made of custom impressionist settings topped with a sketch layer based on smart blur edge only.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cheryl,

That looks so authentic you could almost feel the texture.

Christine (Xaran)

Comment

Thanks Christine--I freely admit to being a texture junky.

Comment

great work by all !

Mike as always you stun me with your results, this looks exactly like a sketch someone did sitting on a bench down the alley.
                            Cheryl your rendition is excellant, i love the painterly quality you achieved, would love to know your settings in impressionist.
                            Well done by all.

Comment

Platscha--Thanks, I love the texture I can get out of the impressionist plug-in.

I'm pretty sure the thick dabs action was in the set up impressionist presets I sent you. I did use mosaic 1 instead of mosaic 1b when running the action.

If you just have the presets, the layers are (top to bottom--textured versions of all) mosaic1, crackled paint, mosaic 1, smart blur edge only sketch layer treated with filter--distort--glass.

Comment