• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Boat, Bridge and Waterfrontridge

I thought this one had potential...

Have fun...
    ~Danny~
    Attached Files

Here's a BW version rendered by Mike Finn's "Insta-sketch, Beta" action (free and available here: http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/effie.html)

The watercolor layer was not used. A Levels adjustment layer was used to get rid of most of the midtone noise.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

Comment

This interpretation is based on the BW version (previous post). that was flattened (layer B below).

Here's the layer stack (top to bottom). The image was built from A - E.

E. Copy of original BG image. Layer > Add Layer Mask > Hide All. Set foreground color to white and paint where you want to restore any detail.

D. Duplicate original BG
      * Smart Blur, Edge Only.
      * Image > Adjustments > Invert.
      * Filter > Diffuse > Ansiotripic.
      * Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask. This gives some nice line detail. The Diffuse and USM give the lines a little more definition.
      * Change blend mode to = Darken. This will show the black lines and suppress the white in this layer.
      * Set opacity=75%. Added Layer Mask and painted black to hide some unwanted line detail.

C. Hue/Sat adjustment layer (Sat = + 40)

B. Copy Mike Finn insta-sketch layer from other image. Set blend mode to Overlay, and opacity to ~ 65%.

A. Duplicate original BG. Layer rendered by Microsoft Impressionist ** plugin. Charcoal: Default setting. Renders a nice patchy color effect.

Background (off)

- - - - - - - - - -

** Microsoft Impressionist Plug-in

Recently I've acquired a couple extra copies of MSFT Front Page 98 (legit CDs) that contains Impressionist, the hard to find and very versitile Windows-only photo-art plug-in.

Contact me via PM if you might be interested in taking a copy off my hands for a good cause.

~Danny~
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-22-2003, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Danny--I like the first one; I love the second one! This is going to be a fun pic to play with.

Comment

Nice work Danny. I also like the second one.

Here is one done in PSP8. Dupped the BG, set to difference, and did a negative image.

Catia
          Attached Files

Comment

catia, that looks great, looks like an artists rendition future bridge. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks. The technique doesn't look good on all images; but, it seemed to really work on this one.

Catia

Comment

Converted to a coloured line drawing, inserted a neutral colour textured layer.

Set the layer mode of the drawing to multiply.

Christine
                Attached Files

Comment

Very effective technique Christine. I like the end result a lot. It reminds me a bit of Stipple Engraving.

Catia

Comment

C--great effect for this image. It gives it a futuristic/sci fi look.

Christine--I like the muted colors--it gives it an old-time look. The texture adds to the look, but is just a little too strong for my taste.

This comes out of my grab bag collection. The color layer is a custom impressionist preset followed by fantastic machine's paint engine (a current favorite combo for me). The sketch layer is a buzz sketch followed by distort--glass.
                    Attached Files

Comment