Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop E/painter8 purchase

Hello,
    I'm interested in getting advice on softwear. I have been out of the loop for ten years and much has changed. I would like to get some programs to manipulate digital imagery. I have a painting background and use a Mac with OSX. I use to use an Amiga. Would it make sense to get photoshop elements and painter 8 or does it make more sense to just get photoshop CS. I understand there will be a steep learning curve with either program..
    Ideas??Sugestions?? THX

Quail,

A lot depends on what you already have. Personally, I would buy the following:

* PaintShop Pro $100
    * Intuos2 Tablet (comes w/ PS Elements 2.0 & Paiter Classic) $200
    * Upgrade to Painter 8 from Painter Classic $130

This has left you with an investment of less than $500, with a lot of functionality. You can then spend some more money on plugins or hardware or whatever.

If this does become a career, you will probably want to get Photoshop CS. (Upgrade from elements for $299. See the link here: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6770)

Best of Luck!
    Jeff

Comment

great deals

Thanks Jeff for taking time to make suggestions,
      This is great information and I have submitted an order for PSCS and should be up and running by next week....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I think you've just saved me a bundle. Thanks again, S

Originally posted by jch71566
      Quail,

A lot depends on what you already have. Personally, I would buy the following:

* PaintShop Pro $100
      * Intuos2 Tablet (comes w/ PS Elements 2.0 & Paiter Classic) $200
      * Upgrade to Painter 8 from Painter Classic $130

This has left you with an investment of less than $500, with a lot of functionality. You can then spend some more money on plugins or hardware or whatever.

If this does become a career, you will probably want to get Photoshop CS. (Upgrade from elements for $299. See the link here: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6770)

Best of Luck!
      Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X