Creative interpretations: Portrait - Paula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Portrait - Paula

I was in kind of a "portrait mood," hence this CI choice (photo by Guiall).

Creative Interpretation = you're free to maniuplate this as you wish.

Be "Creative."

~Danny~
    Attached Files

I sure like the Impressionist plugin. It can render effects native Photoshop filters (and or brushes) cannot touch.

This is nothing more than three different Impressionist settings applied to copies of the original background. Layer masks were added to each layer to allow blending of effects.

One way to get back line detail is to apply a Find Edges-type filter to a copy of the background, then change its blend mode to Darken. Applying Levels to this edges layer and dragging the middle slider to the left will remove a lot of "noise," leaving major lines still in tact.

The purpose of the top layer is to restore the original color which I preferred over those rendered by Impressionist.

The Layers Palette snapshot details the layer-by-layer progression, starting with "A."

~Danny~
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-01-2005, 09:47 PM. Reason: Added LP snapshot and replacement image.

Comment

Nice photo Danny and a couple of interesting versions.

I opted for a soft approach. Cloned out the green and brown background, then duped the BG. Ran Smart blur normal at radius of 4. Smudged the hair a bit. Added a mask and painted the eyes and mouth back in. Added a custom texture faded to 50%.

Catia
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by catia
        Nice photo Danny and a couple of interesting versions.

I opted for a soft approach. Cloned out the green and brown background, then duped the BG. Ran Smart blur normal at radius of 4. Smudged the hair a bit. Added a mask and painted the eyes and mouth back in. Added a custom texture faded to 50%.

Catia
        Viva our contrasting styles on this one, Catia. It's variety that keeps things fresh and interesting. A subtle approach like this one is very compelling.

~Danny~

Comment

I've never used the Impressionist filter and really liked what you have done Danny. I, too, like the mood of this photo. Decided on a "reflective" theme. Ran an Impressionist glass effect then added a blue color layer style with some white squiggles then ran a radial blur. Set to luminosity, changed opacity then ran a curves adjustment to boost contrast a bit. Added Frame on Sand by Bud's Frames.

Cheers
          Duv
          Attached Files

Comment

duplicated twice, displace and textured using frosted glass on first duplicate, Xero line art on second duplicate changed blending mode to linear dodge.

Christine
            Attached Files

Comment

I love all of the interpretations here, but especially Danny's use of impressionist.

Used a combination of Xero's Super Smooth, Edge Enhancement, and PSP Edge Preserving Smooth for this one.

-Enjoy!
              Attached Files

Comment

I thought I would give this another go. This time I used the Trimoon Portrait technique.

Catia
                Attached Files
                Last edited by catia; 02-18-2004, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I wanted to create a strong bas relief impressionistic look with the idea of eyes looking in from behind. Of course the eyebrows can't possibly be explained.

Cheers
                  Duv
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRaphael
                    ...the Impressionist plugin. It can render effects native Photoshop filters (and or brushes) cannot touch.
                    I'm glad I don't have that filter because it produces ugly results.
                    All these contributions, except perhaps one of Catia's, are horrendous. I should say I'm sorry to have to say this, as if, "I'm sorry to have tell you guys this, but..." I can't - they're awful and that's the truth.
                    Really, why bother explaining how you did these? Who would want to know? You could run this picture through any filter at randon and in a less than a second get a better result.
                    Even if you want to get 'creative' about it, the idea is to make her look good.
                    I feel sorry for this girl. She's supposed to be beautiful.

Mig
                    Attached Files

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion Mig, however the idea is NOT necessarily to 'Make her look good' it is to create a photo art effect with 'Creative Interpretation'

Did Picasso make his subjects 'look good'

Christine

Comment

I could not help but do two-- one B&W and one color.

I duplicated the layer and desaturatd. Created new layer soft light blend mode, used paint brush and painted in highlights and shadows using black and white. duplicated the layer and ran gaussian blur 3.0. Then used the erase tool at 75% to erase over the eyes, lips, nose. Did slight curves adjustment and crop. --- that is the B&W version.

For the color I took the base layer (color) duplicated and put it over the B&W sis a screen blend mode, brought down the opacity and fill.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting entries by all.

A rather small image to start with, making artifacts a slight problem.
                          Made a manual levels adjustment.
                          Adjusted the skin tones with Sho.
                          Applied simplification.
                          Feathered a selection of the face, inverted and applied Nik midnight.
                          Used Flaming Pears Glitterato for the background.
                          Blended the two utilizing a mask
                          Softened the image with Nik Classical blur.
                          Lightened certain portions to enhance highlights and softened some shadows.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My try...

Here are a few versions of the photo that I came up with.

What do you think?

Thanks
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by photofix; 02-19-2004, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Photofix. Where's your pics?

Cheers
                              Duv

Comment

widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X