Creative interpretations: Santa Monica Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Santa Monica Pier

I grew up about 10 miles from this pier that's West of Los Angeles on the California Coast. Thought this might be a good one for an arty creation.

Picture by Simon.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

I took two approaches on this one...

#1, based on Virtual Painter plugin Gouache (see Layer Palette snapshot)

#2, based on an under development action. It turned out a little noisy, but (to me) gives the impression of a lot of agitation -- typical of a crowded Saturday afternoon.

The Impasto-like texture used in each is courtesy of a file that accompanies the Photoshop 7 1-Click Wow book.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting picture. I like your second interpretation, Danny -- nice saturated colors!

Here's mine. I colored the sky, then used Flaming Pear's Tachyon, followed by buZZ, and DC Outliner 4.

-Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jch71566
        Interesting picture. I like your second interpretation, Danny -- nice saturated colors!

Here's mine. I colored the sky, then used Flaming Pear's Tachyon, followed by buZZ, and DC Outliner 4.

-Jeff
        Ah, very creative, Jeff. A very different spin.

Thumbs up.

~Danny~

Comment

I tried to create a very subtle motion blur to our right. I thought the picture was great but a little too static. That's what I appreciated in Danny's 2nd effort. At the same time, Jeff's image reeeaaly pops. I could hand that puppy! I used a Xero artwork filter, ran a slight motion blur to "our" right and increased contrast with a curves layer adjustment.
          oops a daisy! I think I'm starting to have fun with this!!

Cheers
          Duv
          Attached Files

Comment

Duv, I like that! It looks, to my eyes, kind of caustic. Pretty cool!

Danny, thanks for your vote of approval!

Cheers,
            Jeff

Comment

crowd

I couldn't do much with this pic. Too busy. So I did buzz simplifier, xero lineart and VP watercolor.

AmyHutton
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ahutton
                I couldn't do much with this pic. Too busy. So I did buzz simplifier, xero lineart and VP watercolor.

AmyHutton
                Hi Amy

Personally, I think this is one of the better ones. Good Job!!

Cheers
                Duv

Comment

Working...
                X