Creative Intrepretations: Taipei 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Intrepretations: Taipei 101

The Hancock building inspired me to contribute an image...

I made a trip to Taiwan last December, and got to visit Taipei 101, which is currently the world's tallest building. Only the lower 4 levels of shopping mall were open, but the rest is due to open this spring or summer. Anyway, I took some pictures with my cheapo 640x480 camera, and composited two to make this. Unfortunately, I am still missing the spire

Have fun!

-Jeff
    Attached Files

Hi Jeff

It must have been an incredible experience to go to Taipei. It's a building you really have to be there to get a sense of the enormity of it. I just changed the perspective a bit with Skew to give it a different sense of height plus a little bit of localized level adjustment. I wonder if we had an idea of what the spire looks like, whether it could be added.

Cheers
    Duv
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duv
      Hi Jeff

It must have been an incredible experience to go to Taipei. It's a building you really have to be there to get a sense of the enormity of it. I just changed the perspective a bit with Skew to give it a different sense of height plus a little bit of localized level adjustment. I wonder if we had an idea of what the spire looks like, whether it could be added.

Cheers
      Duv
      Taipei is pretty cool, I've been there about a dozen or so times. The people in Taiwan are really great.

As for Taipei 101, there are some pretty good pictures on google:
      http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...01&sa=N&tab=wi

Here's my take:

I used Sumi-E and some others.

-Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeff:

Thanks for starting this one on your own. Hope others follow suit. I've always heard Taiwan was a facinating place to visit.

I was just playing around with a grabbag of filters and actions, just seeing what would happen. Stopped when I got to "colorful" (LOL).

- - - - - -
        Duv:

Nice work on the detail restoration.

~Danny~
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X