Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative interpretations: Portrait - Bara

Collapse
widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Portrait - Bara

I liked the crop on this shot. Looked like it would be a good one to interpret.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

I ran across an incredible gallery a few days ago.
    http://www.pbase.com/sunartique/sunartiques_digital_art
    It inspired me to try something new. I have a long way to go, but it's going to be fun trying to get there.

The gist of the process was paste the face as a new layer and set the blending mode to soft light, then added a pattern fill layer over the top.
    Attached Files

Comment

Really liked the eyes. So I cloned the hair out of her right eye. Cropped and duped the BG. Ran smart blur, radius 1. Used a hair smudge brush on hair. Ran Brushstrokes - Angled stroke twice, once at (15,5,3) and once at (85,5,3). Used a soften edges smudge brush to work all edges. Added a mask and painted lips and eyes back in. Flattened, added texture, and framed.

Catia
      Attached Files

Comment

Cheryl:

VERY inspired. Nicely done. One of the most creative effects I've seen in a while.

Thx, too, for the pBase link. Sunny does beautiful work.

- - - - - -
        Catia:

I blatently stole your idea about the eyes. An inspiring move on your part. Her eyes really stand out.

- - - - - -

Mine is a mishmash of varous layers, as usual...
        * Photoshop Find Edges
        * Photoshop Colored Pencil
        * Impressionist Conte: Unsmudged Monochrome
        * Impressionist Pencil sketch: Detailed Monochrome

~Danny~
        Attached Files

Comment

C--great idea opening up her eyes--they do have great impact.

Danny--great effect! I really like that look.

I'll never have Sunny's creative vision, but I'm bound and determined to figure out the mechanics of the techniques she used.

Comment

Something Different

This one is a mix of xero abstractor and buzz and PSP8's Scratchy impasto.

AmyHutton
            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff everyone! Cheryl, the petals remind me a bit of the high Victorian collars that women wore back in merry old England.
              I did a levels adjustment then used Amphisoft Simplifier. Then erased back to natural the irises.

Cheers
              Duv
              Attached Files

Comment

I started with Trimoon's portrait tut (my first time).
                I did not have all the tools in the tut -- so it did not come out good, so I just kept playing with filters till Igot a look I liked.
                One in color the other in BW
                Attached Files

Comment

These colored chalk effect images are great. I love the way everyone is making the most of her eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinbNJ
                    I started with Trimoon's portrait tut (my first time).
                    I did not have all the tools in the tut -- so it did not come out good, so I just kept playing with filters till Igot a look I liked.
                    One in color the other in BW
                    Makes me want to put my Speedo on and jump into those pools of blue!

Cheers
                    Duv

Comment

I had to try 1 more composite. This is a mix of the model and the white peacock mini-challenge photo.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Cheryl H; 03-08-2004, 08:10 AM. Reason: add photo

Comment

I thought I'd try one composite. Bara and Hostas blended with a Mike Finn Textures layer applied.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh no!! Are people running out of steam on Bara? Not this puppy! Instead of an effects approach, I wanted to try a juxtaposition of chaos (a narly tree trunk background) with the serenity of Bara's face. Lightened the eyes a bit while I was at it.

Cheers
                          Duv
                          Attached Files

Comment

Duv--Mike Finn has textures??? Where does this texture junkie find them--please?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Cheryl

Your obviously a Finn junkie like me. If you can find Paint Tools 4, Texture (layer) is part of it. If you have any trouble finding it, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

Cheers
                              Duv

Comment

Working...
                              X