Creative interpretations: John Lee Hooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: John Lee Hooker

A very talented U.S. entertainer. Photo taken in 1990 by Frank.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

Duplicate layer. Select black. Invert selection. Flood fill with dark brown. Paint with art history brush, vary between tight short and tight medium, vary mode between lighten, darken, luminosity, and color.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl H
      Duplicate layer. Select black. Invert selection. Flood fill with dark brown. Paint with art history brush, vary between tight short and tight medium, vary mode between lighten, darken, luminosity, and color.
      Brilliantly done. Can you comment on the brush characteristics. I've never gotten AHB to look anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRaphael
        Brilliantly done. Can you comment on the brush characteristics. I've never gotten AHB to look anything like this.
        I used stipple 29 from the natural brushes. For the mode, I started with luminosity and then alternated between lighten and darken. In luminosity, tight long, for the rest tight medium and tight short. I also have the opacity reduced to aroun 80.

I think the key to the look is two-fold. Part of it is selecting the black (I've been trying to figure it out for images that don't have much black). The other part is filling the image with the dark brown and not covering all of it. I find I have no clue of the end result until I remove the selection.

Comment

I desat,then came back and made him blue. Created smoke with gradient, trans several times. Played wth blend modes. kiska
          Attached Files

Comment

Kiska--the blue tones and the smoke are great with this image--just the type of setting where this music was probably played.

Comment

Working...
            X