Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips in Mike's Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips in Mike's Yard

A pretty bunch of tulips taken by Mike in his backyard.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

tulips

I have to thank you, Danny, for turning me onto Impressionist. I ran that filter on the pic in Charcoal, with brush size at 100. Then for definition I added another layer with xero lineart, buzzed, for more definition, and merged the two together. Then added a tiny guassian blur.

I'm ceratinly no expert yet at impressionist, but I love to play with it.

AmyHutton
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful photo.

Amy--that's a really nice combo of filers. It's a great look.

I used the procedure in the try-it challenge here http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8200 with a buzz based sketch.
      Attached Files

Comment

I duplicated image, inverted and reduced 50%. Copied and pasted slightly off register. Ran MF Watercolor.

Cheers
        Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

Did a little palette knife on the foreground flowers from Corel Painter 8. Ran cutout, palette knife filters on fore and backgrounds. Blends.

kiska
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone. This i would like to share with you...discovered it quite by accident, and i think it makes a great watercolor effect.
            Filters-other-minimum-fresco-unsharp mask-color replacer (if necessary.)Thats all. Pretty simple, huh??
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work

Hello all,
              Everyone has done justice to the nice image I believe!
              Here's my contribution
              Attached Files

Comment

I would like to post 2 images, one with the impressionist filter. I got this mostly by "screen" blending with the sketch layer. However, initially i was trying out trimoon's watercolor tutorial.
                Attached Files

Comment

jaykita--the shift to pastels really does something for this image. It gets a WOW in my book--great job.

Comment

Thank you Cheryl. Dont mean to hog this page but i'd really like to share with you what i consider my real effort before i used the impressionist filter, as below.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X