Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips eye View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips eye View

Talk about a creative shot by P.Martin. I think you'll like this perspective.
    Attached Files

Danny:
    I thought I would try a quilt design on your spring tulip.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

Bob, it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm wondering how you got this effect. Very interesting.
      raniday

Comment

Here's a quick effort using David Rowley Hayes Cafe action that looks sort of painterly. I just played w/ the layer blending modes and added a sandstone texture.
        http://www.pbase.com/image/37602969
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raniday
          Here's a quick effort using David Rowley Hayes Cafe action that looks sort of painterly. I just played w/ the layer blending modes and added a sandstone texture.
          http://www.pbase.com/image/37602969
          One of the first "arty actions" I ever attempted was based on Hayes Island. I really like the results generated by this technique, as your interpretation illustrates.

For those not familiar with the method, check out the tutorials at David Rowley's site: http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutorials/howtoo.htm

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks for the link again to David Rowley's tutorials....I especially like 'The Gift Shop' tutorial also, tried it numerous times using PaintShopPro last year.

Just had a break over festive season and it's great to be back on board...!

Auto Brightness Contrast to lighten.
            Duped bottom layer.
            L2 - Paint Alchemy/Oil Tip Styles/Oil Canvas Blur (default)
            Layer Mode - Dissolve 70 % - merged both layers
            Duped bottom Layer
            L2 - Negative - Mode Dodge 60%
            Merge both layers - Auto Saturation for stronger colour.
            Psp8.01 - One of My WC settings.
            Added sandstone texture to image and matt.
            Added drop shadows top and bottom. (ie inner edges)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raniday
              Bob, it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm wondering how you got this effect. Very interesting.
              raniday
              With the holi-Daze and all perhaps Bob missed your question...

Looks to me like he applied two filters...
              1. One to "swirl" the colors. I believe Flaming Pear offers one that renders a "down the drain" effect. There are surely others that will do this type of thing.
              2. Photoshop's Extrude filter for the pointy blocks.

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks, Danny.
                I'm still discovering PhotoShop, probably always will be, but after I posted my question, I found the pyramid extrude filter and tried a few by first using the Simple filter to make a repeated pattern and then applied the pyramid filter, and you can get some kewl quilt-like effects. I hadn't thought how to swirl the pattern, as Bob did above.
                cat

Comment

A Combination of corel photopaint art strokes - crayon, and ps7- artistic filter- rough pastels.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jaykita; 12-27-2004, 08:40 PM.

Comment

For this one i used smart blur, airbrush by hand, hue-sat changes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jaykita, I'm really liking this air brushed one! A neat effect that I'll be trying soon

Comment

Working...
                      X